Afternoon tour - Lantau Enlightenment Tour
No trip to Hong Kong is completed without visiting the giant outdoor Buddha statue, ‘sitting’ in Lantau Island. Lantau Island is the largest and the greenest outlying island in Hong Kong. To appreciate Lantau’s diverse attraction, this tour offers an efficient way for you to explore Ngong Ping and Tai O. The tour will bring you to 4 attractions that you can’t miss in Lantau Island for your vacation (transportations and all admission tickets are inclusive).
- Round trip hotel transfer with English speaking tour guide
- Skip the queue and save time to board on Ngong Ping cable car
- Enjoy stunning view of HK International Airport & HK-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge from cable car
- Have a closer look at the imposing Buddha statute
- Experience ‘the Venice of the East’, explore traditional Stilts Houses and Tai O Heritage Hotel
- Inclusive boat ride in Tai O fishing village
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup from major centrally located hotels. Or meet tour guide & other tourists at a departure point
- Do you pickup from my hotel, or ask me to go to a departure point? Book now and see pickup time.
- Fast Pass one-way Ngong Ping cable car (crystal cabin is optional with additional fee)
- Tian Tan Buddha Statue (informally known as the Big Buddha)
- Po Lin Monastery
- Ngong Ping Village
- Tai O Fishing Village
- The Stilts House (Boat Ride Included)
- Tai O Heritage Hotel (Grade II historic building)
- Due to expectation to explore downtown & traffic in rush hour, drop off is offered in 6 places only.
- Kowloon Side: Royal Plaza Hotel, The Kowloon Hotel, Kowloon Shangri-La hotel.
- Hong Kong Island Side: Harbour Grand Hong Kong, Renaissance Harbour View Hotel, IFC Shopping Mall
- After tour, you will be dropped off at one of the above 6 places. Please inform a preferred place.
- Entry/Admission - Ngong Ping 360
What's excluded :
- 2-way taxi fare between your hotel and the departure point if your hotel is not in the pickup list.
- Pickup from a hotel in Shenzhen
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lantau island, Hong Kong China
Join us for a relaxing afternoon in your Hong Kong vacation. The adventure will begin every afternoon from Lantau Island, a popular place to experience another side of Hong Kong for travellers.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Ngong Ping 360, 11 Tat Tung Road, Tung Chung, Lantau Island, Hong Kong China
In this tour, you will see breath-taking view by riding the Ngong Ping cable car, the best starting point to the Big Buddha. Ngong Ping Cable Car connects Tung Chung and Ngong Ping. The 5.7km cable car journey offers visitors spectacular 360-degree panoramic views of South China Sea, Hong Kong International Airport, North Lantau Country Park and Giant Buddha.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Po Lin (Precious Lotus) Monastery, Lantau Island, Hong Kong China
In Ngong Ping village (surrounded by lush mountains), you will see scenic and interesting attractions everywhere. Known as the "Buddhist Kingdom in the South", Po Lin Monastery is the most popular Buddhist temple in HK.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha), Lantau Island, Hong Kong China
A must-go attraction in the village is the extraordinary bronze Big Buddha Amoghasiddhi statue (erected in 1993 and 34 metres high, weights 250 tons).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tai O, Hong Kong China
You will then take a coach to the historic Tai O fishing village. Traditional stilt houses and its market are very famous, not to mention the boat ride, you will feel the breeze on your face with fresh air! The boat ride will take you exclusively to the Tai O heritage hotel which previously was one of the earliest police stations built in New territories. In Tai O, you will see community of fisherfolks who’ve been living there for generations yet only a few old villagers remain to live in a traditional way there for now.
Duration: 50 minutes
Departure Point :1: B. P. International House, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
2: Harbour Grand Hong Kong, 23 Oil St, North Point, Hong Kong
3: Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees, 199 Kowloon City Rd, To Kwa Wan, Hong Kong
4: Harbour Plaza Metropolis, 7 Metropolis Dr, Hung Hom, Hong Kong
5: Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong, 50 Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
6: Imperial Hotel, 32-34 Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
7: InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, 70號 Mody Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
8: Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel, 3 Canton Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
9: Prince Hotel, Harbour City, 23 Canton Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
10: Metropark Hotel Mongkok, Prince Edward, Hong Kong
11: Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel, 1 Harbour Rd, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
12: The Cityview, 23 Waterloo Rd, Yau Ma Tei, Hong Kong
13: The Kowloon Hotel, Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup service is available from 50+ major hotels in Kowloon and 35+ hotels on Hong Kong Island.
Departure Time :12:30 PM
Return Detail :1: The Kowloon Hotel, Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
2: Kowloon Shangri-La, 64 Mody Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
3: Harbour Grand Hong Kong, 23 Oil St, North Point, Hong Kong
4: Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel, 1 Harbour Rd, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
5: ifc mall, 8 Finance St, Central, Hong Kong
6: Royal Plaza Hotel, 193 Prince Edward Rd W, Kadoorie Hill, Hong Kong
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You will be picked up from hotel lobby, or you will be advised to meet with your tour guide and other tourists at the nearest departure point. This tour is a seat-in-coach tour. You will buy a seat on a tour coach, share an escorted tour with other tourists. If you do not like the lengthy tour start time, please choose the option of "Private Upgrade -Crystal Cabin".
- If you stay in a local home or a hotel not in the pickup list, please inform of the address upon booking. You will be informed of the nearest pickup hotel and pickup time to meet your tour guide. Your reply of approval of this pickup arrangement and deadline of apply time is critical. No show at the meeting place will receive no refund.
- If you book an activity less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled activity start time, you are required to telephone the local tour supplier immediately right after your booking. The telephone number of the local tour supplier is displayed on your voucher. The office is open from 0700 to 2100 Hong Kong time. If no one answers the phone call after office hour, please telephone again at 0700 next day to add you in the pickup list. Otherwise the tour bus will not go to your hotel.
- Upon pickup, your tour guide will find you by eye contact, or read your name from the pickup list. Meeting point is hotel lobby or you will be advised of the nearest meeting place to meet with your guide. Please be waiting at the meeting place 10 minutes prior to departure. No refund for your no show or late arrival.
- At the cable car station, most people line up to buy ticket on site and enter through Individual Entry. The normal waiting time is 2 hours. Your prepaid confirmation coupon allows you to use Group Entry. Less people line up here. Group Entry is a privilege benefit for travel agents' customers only.
- Coach transportation between Tung Chung and Ngong Ping will be arranged as a substitute when the cable car service is suspended due to maintenance, or severe weather warning.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- $20 retail cash coupon will be issued for use in Ngong Ping 360 souvenirs shops if the boat ride in Tai O village is suspended.
- This tour is not open for customers who live in a hotel on Lantau Island (Disney Resorts, Novotel Citygate, SkyCity Marriott, Regal Airport Hotel etc): You will be asked to book a morning tour including lunch, 2-way cable car transfers: (1) The meeting time is 10:55 at the Taxi Stand at Tung Chung; (2) Tour ends at Tung Chung Cable Car Station at 4pm. (3) Please use the keyword "Coach Day Tour - Lantau Island Visiting and Giant Buddha Cable Car Tour Plus Tai O Boat Ride" to find this morning tour on Internet. (4) Taxi transportation will be arranged by yourself. It costs around HKD118 one way for 20 minute driving distance.
- Pickup service is not available from airport, cruise terminal, subway station and railway station.
- How to join in this tour from Kai Tak Cruise Terminal: Please take a taxi for 15 minute to meet with your tour guide in the lobby of Harbour Plaza Metropolis (7 Metropolis Drive) at 12:40.
- How to join in this tour from Ocean Cruise Terminal: Please walk for 6 minute to meet with your tour guide in the lobby of Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel (3 Canton Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui) at 12:55.
- How to join in this tour from West Kowloon Station: Please take a taxi for 15 minute to meet with your tour guide in the lobby of B P International House (8 Austin Road) at 12:40.
- How to join in this tour from airport: (1) Please take 24-minute Airport Express train, get off at Kowloon Station, go out from Exit D1, walk for 97m (2 minute) to W Hong Kong Hotel (Add: 1 Austin Road West, Kowloon Station, Kowloon). The pickup time from W Hong Kong Hotel is 12:40am daily. Your tour guide has a pickup list and will find you in the lobby. After tour, come back to W Hong Kong Hotel at 18:30 after tour. From Airport Station, the 1st train leaves at 05:54. From Kowloon Station back to airport, the last train leaves at 00:52. (2) You take your own risk of missing your flight. Please only book this tour when your flight leaves from HKG after 22:00. The latest information of security check from airport is: Access control measures are being taken at terminals. Visitors are advised to arrive 3 hours before departure for proper checks. All booking request missing departure flight information and leaving HKG before 22:00 will not be accepted. (3) Round trip airport express fare or taxi fare will be paid by yourself. No refund or discount on original tour price. (4) No refund for no show or late arrival caused by arrival flight cancel and arrival flight delay.
- Kindly remind our tour coach is for sightseeing only, there is no luggage room, your luggages might be put between seats. So please do not travel with big luggages. If you need hotel pickup, a tour, and going directly to airport after this tour, your booking will be rejected.
- The standard cancellation policy is: (1) a 100% refund for cancellations made at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. (2) Cancellations made within 24 hours of the start date of the experience will receive no refund.
- Children aged 2 and younger are complimentary.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.