Afternoon Tea Sightseeing River Cruise in Oxford
This wonderful river cruise in Oxford includes a sumptuous traditional afternoon tea served aboard the boat. The 1.5-hour cruise takes in the highlights of the beautiful River Thames, such as Christ Church Meadows and the University College Boat Houses, as it flows through this historic university city.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Afternoon tea
- Live commentary on board
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This relaxing 1.5-hour cruise starts in the afternoon from central Oxford and sails downstream from Folly Bridge taking in the best known reach of the River Thames in Oxford.
Traveling down the University Regatta Course passing Christ Church Meadows, the University College Boat Houses and other landmarks on the way to Iffley lock. This is often a busy and vibrant section of the river where training rowing crews, punts and pleasure boats jostle for river space in an wonderful display of Oxford at play. Passing through the lock at Iffley is an experience in itself. The river scenery and fascinating buildings combining to form a picture perfect location.
Beyond Iffley the boat travels in to the tranquil water meadows that surround Oxford and there are abundant opportunities to spot wildlife amongst the green banks and overhanging willows.
Aboard the boat an indulgent afternoon tea is provided by the renowned riverside restaurant, The Folly. The traditional menu includes*:
• An Selection of Finger Sandwiches
• Homemade Scones with Strawberry Jam, Clotted Cream and Fresh Strawberries
• A Selection of Cakes, Tarts or Petit Fours
• Tea*Drinks to take aboard can be purchased at the departure point.
Departure Point :The Folly Restaurant, 1 Folly Bridge, Oxford OX1 4JU, UK
Departure Time :3:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.