Aegina Island & Temple of Athina Aphaia: A Unique Getaway to Sapphire Water
Traveling to Aegina island is one the easiest and best island getaways but also a real Greek experience. A perfect PRIVATE day trip to the pristine beaches of an authentic destination without the "hordes of tourists" but with small scale beauty and simplicity. Looking for an authentic experience? The island feel, the food, the history? It is all there!
Start with a hotel pick up to the port of Piraeus, then a great boat ride enjoying the views from the ferry's decks. Explore this pine green island with your private driver/guide and with full flexibility that a private tour offers. A beautiful, relaxing island in the Saronic Gulf facing Athens with small fishing villages, and a "swimming pool like" water.
Visit the island's famous monastery, explore the Perdika fishing village, and the Temple of Athena Aphaia with the amazing views. Let your guide recommend the best location for an authentic lunch right next to the water.
Enjoy an undistracted sunset while cruising back to Athens.
per adult from
8 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour for 1-3 (5 door vehicle) or 4-8 related people (large minivan)
- Non smoking private driver & brand new vehicles 2019-20
- Pick up and drop off from/to your Athens location
- All transfers in the island with a private vehicle and your driver/guide
- In car bottled water and booklet with details of the trip
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of one carry-on bag
- Optional trip to Moni isle. Needs to be pre-arranged with the tour organizer after booking the tour.
- Optional: Vegetarian lunch can be arranged in most cases. Please let us know in advance.
- Entry/Admission - Aegina Waterfront
What's excluded :
- Pickup and drop-off in areas outside of Athens center (subject to an additional cost but not necessarily)
- Return boat/ferry tickets to Aegina island (18 EUR/person\)
- Excess luggage not allowed unless pre-agreed with the tour operator
- Entrance fees: Temple Athena Aphaia (at 6 EUR/person)
- Shopping/souvenir stops unless required by the traveler/s
- Professional guide to the temple of Aphaia
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Aphaia
- Entry/Admission - Moni Island Beach
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aegina Waterfront, Aegina Town Greece
Aegina is a lovely island in close distance to Athens. This is why it gets very popular as a weekend destination for the Athenians. The most popular tourist places is Agia Marina, Souvala and Marathon with relaxing beaches, while very nice is also the seaside village of Perdika. The most important sight in Aegina Greece is the Ancient Temple of Athena Aphaia, constructed in the 6th century BC.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Temple of Aphaia, Greece
The Temple of Aphaia is one of the major attractions that one can see on the island of Aegina. Built on a hill, at 160 meters, it is surrounded by pine trees and it stands out for its unique energy. Since prehistoric times (1300 B.C.) it has been a unique place of worship!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Perdika, Aegina 180 10, Greece
On the Southern edge of the island lies the small fishing village of Perdika. This is perhaps one of the most picturesque spots on the island and still has the characterictics of the Aegean style of square houses and narrow streets. Many tavernas to eat fish. From here you can take a small boat to the island of Moni.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Agios Nektarios Monastery, Short, 180 10 Greece
One of the most visited sites on Aegina is the church of Agios Nektarios. Agios Nektarios was known as a great miracle worker, particularly as a healer of every sort of disease, he was also a prolific writer, theologist, philosopher, moralist, educator, poet, ascetic and mystic.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Moni Island Beach, Greece
Optional: A short boat ride to Moni island for swimming (or not) in the crystal clear water beach and drinks.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any Athens hotel or Airbnb, the Athens airport, Piraeus port. Possible extra cost for some locations.Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Maximum of 8 "related only" people per booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- OUR PERSONAL view: We implemenet all the protocols of the local authorities such as masks, sanitizing, social distancing, but most of all common logic and flexibility to adjust to each situation. We also do temperature & oxygen checks if needed. Most of all, we are in favor of "adjustive social distancing" and exploring safely in the open that will provide more freedom and safety. We can still be social while maintaining our personal space/distance and following the local rules. Please decide on your holiday with your own criteria considering your health, tolerance to risk but don't go for a holiday that is not going to be worry-free!
- PROTOCOLS in place while COVID-19 effects the world: All our tours have always been private and social distancing is easy and not new to us. Μaximum number of passengers per car/minivan is revised by the local authorities according to the epidemiological situation but being family or friends is the key to safety. Regular temperature check for staff & visitors is available. Staff required to regularly wash hands. Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas. Individual toiletries and/or hand sanitizer is available to guests & staff and required to use at every stop & departure during each day. We care about health! We expect YOU to be healthy before traveling!
- OUR GUIDES ARE LIKE FAMILY TO US: They care about our safety A LOT! Our tours are PRIVATE and already what you would call safe! We are in the open, exploring with spotless cars, sites with natural “social distancing,” non-touristy hotels & tavernas, local people & communities with “zero” cases!
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Please carry your own masks with you, and be prepared to use them when required or when you feel that will provide you with extra safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.