Admire Nature's Beauty at the Curonian Spit Private Tour
During this tour you will explore the Curonian Spit - a narrow sand dune which is considered one of the most unique places in Europe. The Curonian Spit is rightfully considered to be one of the most unique places in Europe because it is the only reserve that features different biomes or natural landscapes all in the same place.
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Professional English-speaking guide assistance. Other languages upon request
- Driver’s services as per the program (Comfortable car/minivan with A/C)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
- Entry/Admission - National park Curonian Spit
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National park Curonian Spit, 98 Km peninsula Nationalpark KursiU Nerija Klaipėda - Lesnoje, Kaliningrad 238535 Russia
The Curonian Spit is a narrow sand dune spit, which stretches along the Baltic Sea all the way from Kaliningrad in Russia to Lithuania’s Klaipeda.
The striking biodiversity is presented on a narrow strip of land (3.8 kilometers in the widest place and only 400 meters in the narrowest spot), however, the spit is 98 kilometers long and just under half of it belongs to Russia. The remaining part of it belongs to Lithuania; this is shown by an outpost and state border markers.
Scientists have dubbed the Curonian Spit a museum of natural reserves because of the huge variety of its landscapes, which feature almost everything from birch groves to sand dunes. It is next to impossible to drive along the Curonian Spit without stopping every few hours or even for a couple of days to take in the ever-changing landscape including coniferous and lush green woods, countless colonies of birds and stunning sand dunes.
Although the sand dunes are inviting and it is tempting to stray off the beaten path, visitors should restrain themselves. Walking on the dunes is prohibited because of the possibility of upsetting the fragile natural balance of the local eco-system. Every step could potentially be the starting point of a natural disaster that would take centuries to overcome. The history of the Spit is one long story of survival.
The Spit used to be inhabited by a pagan tribe of people in the 9th century, who we now call the Curonians, hence the ‘Curonian Spit’. The area was covered in woods then, which were considered holy to the Curonians. According to legends, they worshipped ancient trees and performed circle dances around them. One of the first Christian missionaries, Adalbert Wojciech, the Bishop of Prague, even lost his life after he ventured into a sacred grove.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up from any hotel of Kaliningrad
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Еntrance fees (13 USD per person)
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.