Adisham Rail Tour from Ella
Visit the famous Adisham Bungalow by train. Enjoy the misty mountains and other colorful sights as you pass along during your train journey. Have a fun hike along the railway tracks to reach Adisham Bungalow. Get to know more about the history of the big old place and see its beautiful gardens. Picnic among the tea plantations. Finish off your tour with another train journey back.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Transport by a Tuk Tuk to the railway station from the hotel and back to the hotel.
- Lunch at Local Restaurant.
- Service of an English Speaking Local Guide.
- Water Bottle Per Person.
- Entry/Admission - St Benedict's Monastery - Adisham
What's excluded :
- Food and Drinks where not specified.
- Entrance fees where not specified.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Haputale, Haputale, Uva Province
You will be starting your tour at 8:30 am from your hotel in Ella or Bandarawela; where you will be picked up by a tuk-tuk, the most famed mode of local transport.
Once you get to the train station; you will be boarding the 9:00 am train to Haputale. Along the way, your view will change from bright sunshine over cloud forests interspersed with rolling hills; to misty peaks, tree plantations, and sleeting rain. After disembarking from the train at 10:30 am,
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: St Benedict's Monastery - Adisham, Haputale Sri Lanka
You will begin the hike to Adisham Bungalow. Your guide will lead you along the railway tracks. Skipping along the old wooden railway sleepers is a fun experience in itself. You’ll be in no danger since you’ll be walking by during a period of lull; and you can also see and hear any passing trains from a great distance away, allowing your guide to conducting you safely.
Once you get to Adisham Bungalow by approximately 11:30 am, you’ll find yourself facing a beautiful old stone Tudor manor. The house was designed and built by Sir Thomas Lister Villiers in the early 1900s. You’ll be able to admire its perfectly polished wooden balustrades and hardwood floors, attractive interior decor, and interesting architecture. Adisham was designed after Leeds Castle located in Kent, in the UK. It too has sprawling lawns and colorful gardens populated by a myriad of local birdlife and butterflies. You will also be able to take part in the guided tour of the bungalow and learn more about it.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Ella, Ella, Uva Province
At 1:00 pm you will be moving to a tea estate nearby; where you will be treated to a delicious picnic lunch. Afterward, at 2:30 pm you will be hiking back to the train station in Haputale and boarding the train. A tuk-tuk will drop you off back at your hotel by 5:00 pm.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel in Ella
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.