Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary and Ships Graveyard Kayak Tour
The Kayak Tour explores the Dolphin Sanctuary and Ships Graveyard Maritime Heritage Trail, just 30 minutes from the Adelaide CBD. Here you find one of Adelaide's "secret spots", it is an area of surprising beauty. The sheltered mangrove lined creeks are home to a fascinating array of marine life, birds and the Port River Dolphins. The Ship's Graveyard is a unique feature of the area with over 20 "wrecks" to view. All this makes for a sensational adventure and kayaking is the most environmentally sensitive way to explore and interact with the dolphins. Small-groups of no more than 8 people make this a personal experience. Perfect for the whole family, enjoy an up close look at the native wildlife and wrecked ships as your guide tells you tales of this mysterious area.
per adult from
What's included :
- Kayak, life vest, paddle, paddling jacket(if required)
- Waterproof container for camera or valuables.
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
This tour explores the Dolphin Sanctuary & Ships Graveyard Maritime Heritage Trail just 30 minutes from the Adelaide CBD. It's one of Adelaide's "secret spots", an area of surprising beauty. The sheltered mangrove creeks are home to a fascinating array of marine life, birds and the Port River Dolphins. The Ship's Graveyard is a unique feature of the area. All this makes for a sensational adventure and kayaking is the most environmentally sensitive way to interact with the dolphins. The kayak tour is 3 hours of fun with you guide who will lead you on an unforgettable adventure. It's easy paced with plenty of time for photos and storytelling by your guide. When the Port River Dolphins come to play it is a memory you will treasure forever! This tour is recommended for adults and children over the age of 8 years. Tours are conducted in stable, comfortable one or two person kayaks. If you have never kayaked before this is the best way to give it a try! This experience includes basic tuition in safe kayaking.
• Adventure Kayaking SA, Adelaide, South Australia 5018 Australia
Departure Point :Garden Island Road, Garden Island Rd, Garden Island SA 5960, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
We no longer offer a pick up service. Please take a taxi or UBER from Port Adelaide to the Garden Island boat ramp and reserve where tours begin.Ports
- Port Adelaide Visitor Information Centre, 66 Commercial Road Port Adelaide
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Please bring: Insect repellent, drinks, snacks, shoes that can get wet, sunscreen, and your camera
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.