Acropolis and Acropolis Museum Tour with Entry Tickets
Travel back in time on a 4 hours Skip-the-line informative and fun (semi-private) tour to the most significant monument in Athens. This tour is guided by an English speaking field expert and licensed archaeologist. Discover the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Acropolis of Athens through a journey into history, mythology and storytelling. The tour continues with a visit to the Acropolis Museum, which has been ranked among the top Museums in the world. All the original surviving masterpieces from the temples of the Acropolis are displayed with the use of natural light. Excavations are also visible under glass floors and walkways.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- English speaking licensed guide and archaeologist
- Skip the lines to the Acropolis of Athens & Acropolis Museum
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet your guide at the Acropolis metro station and start the tour with a visit to the Acropolis hill. On your way up, you will visit the Dionysus Theater, where all the famous ancient dramas and tragedies were first performed. You will walk around the stunning Odeon of Herodes Atticus, and the sanctuary of the healing god Asclepius. On the top of the hill you will visit the Propylea, the Temple of Nike, the Erechtheion Temple, and of course the Parthenon; the symbol of democracy and western civilization. Dating back to 5th century B.C, these monuments are testimonials of the glorious ancient Athens and the Golden Age of Pericles.
Right after the Acropolis tour you will have the opportunity to visit the Acropolis Museum located just a few minutes walk from the Acropolis site. On the ground floor the exhibited artifacts reveal to you facets of the Athenian daily life; you get to know the wedding customs, the children's favorite toys, the healing techniques, the religious practices. On the first floor, you will experience standing at a breathing distance from the mysterious archaic statues of the 6th century B.C that once adorned the Acropolis. Be fascinated by walking next to the Caryatids and huge pieces of the Acropolis entrance. At the last floor, next to the breathtaking view of the Acropolis, one can admire the original unique in concept and artistic excellence Parthenon frieze.
Departure Point :Makrigianni 7, Athina 117 42, Greece
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- We skip the line by buying the tickets for you in advance
- Please make sure that you have enough cash (€) with you to purchase the tickets from your guide in the beginning of the tour.
- From April 1 to October 31 Ticket for Acropolis and its Slopes : 20 € for adults 10 € for students from non-EU countries (with current student ID) Free entrance for guests under 18 years and students from EU countries (with current student ID). Ticket for the Acropolis museum: 5 € for adulds 3 € for students from non-EU coutries (with current Student ID) 3€ Young persons under 18 years of age, from non-EU countries (with current identification card) Free entrance for guests under 18 years and students from EU countries (with current student ID). Free entrance for Children under 5 years of age, from non-EU countries Ministry of Culture and Sports official Acropolis tickets site : http://odysseus.culture.gr/h/3/eh355.jsp?obj_id=2384
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.