Acropolis & Acropolis Museum (Small Group Morning Walking Tour)
All our guides are licensed, many of them are also professional archaeologists or historians. Besides that, the guests will not have to stand in a long queue to purchase their tickets, because our guides will have already taken care of that. The walking pace during the tour is slow and every time adjusted to the needs of the guests. Moreover, frequent stops for bathroom and water are made. Lastly, our expert guides are aware of all the shady spots, as Athens can be very hot and sunny, especially in the summer.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Skip the line service
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees. 20 euros for the Acropolis, 10 euros for the Acropolis Museum
- Pick-up and drop-off service
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Acropolis, via Dionysiou Areopagitou str., Athens 105 58 Greece
After meeting your guide start walking up the south slope of the Acropolis where, the Dionysos Theater, the Sanctuary of Asklepios and the Odeon of Herodes , are located. On the way to the top see the Propylaea(entrance), Mars Hill and the temple of Athena Nike. On top of the Acropolis have a close view and get a detailed explanation of the Parthenon and the Erectheion. Finally, enjoy the breathtaking views.
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Stop At: Acropolis Museum, Dionysiou Areopagitou 15, Athens 117 42 Greece
After the Acropolis, walk with your guide to the Acropolis Museum. Before entering the museum, you will have a look at the remains of an ancient neighbourhood of Athens that lie underneath. In the museum first you will see the models of the Acropolis and ancient Athens and then important finds from the slopes of the Acropolis. Proceed to the first floor to stand in awe before the sculptures of the first Parthenon, built in the 6th century B.C. Observe the traces of colours that still can be discerned on them. Next, admire the archaic statues that once upon a time decorated the top of the Acropolis. Among them the famous “calfbearer” and the “child of Kritias”. The renowned maidens of the Acropolis (the Caryatids), which decorated the Erectheion, will introduce you to the golden age of the greek sculpture (5th century B.C). Lastly, your guide will take you to the third floor, the Parthenon’s Gallery. There, he will explain to you the main concept and the arrangement of the third floor, he will tell you all the myths related to what you see and of course you will admire the excellence and unique beauty of the Parthenon sculptures.
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Departure Point :Acropoli, Athens 117 42, Greece
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Acropolis Museum, Dionysiou Areopagitou 15, Athina 117 42, Greece
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Guests and guides are required to wear face masks in museums and archaeological sites. Application of wireless guide system when the number of travelers in the group is over 5.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.