Accra To Cape Coast, Elmina and Kakum National Park Year of Return Day Tour
Cape Coast is located in the Central Region about 146.9km from Accra the Capital of Ghana and known for its role in the transatlantic slave trade.
This tour package begins with a visit to the Kakum National Park which serves as the home to endangered mammals. The park is rich in butterflies and birds, and also has a suspended canopy walkway 30 meters above the ground.
Be transferred in a 4x4 air-condition cross country served with water and snacks, with an experienced and helpful guide.
Visit Elmina Castle from Kakum National Park.
Elmina Castle was erected by the Portugese in 1482. It was the first trading post built on the Gulf of Guinea, and the oldest European building in existence south of the Sahara.
Depart to Cape Castle. Cape Coast Castle is one of about forty "slaves castles", or large commercial forts, built on the Gold Coast of West Africa by European traders. It was originally a Portugese "feitoria" or trading post, established in 1555.
Depart Cape Coast Castle to Accra.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Entry/ Admission - Kakum National Park
- Entry/ Admission - Elmina Castle
- Entry/ Admission - Cape Coast Castle
- Entry/Admission - Kakum National Park
- Entry/Admission - Elmina Castle
- Entry/Admission - Cape Coast Castle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kakum National Park, Cape Coast Ghana
Participants will go on a hike through the rain forest and walk on the canopy walk way.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Elmina Castle, Elmina Ghana
Participants will have the opportunity to see the opportunity to see the oldest European building (built 1482) in Sub Sahara Africa.
Listen to the history behind the slave trade.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cape Coast Castle, Cape Coast Ghana
Cape Coast Castle served as one of the slave castles built on the shores of Ghana. It also served as the Administration Center for British rule
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Accra Tourist Information Centre, Accra, Ghana
Traveler pickup is offered
Car will be at the car park.Airports
- Kotoka Airport, Accra Ghana
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We provide face masks and hand sanitizer upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.