Accra City Tour
Portrayed and exposed to the Ghanaian culture, history and heritage. Expect a wonderful and amazing time on this tour. You will have a very well experienced and a fun guide to be with. There will be a lots of laughs and banter from start to finish. Explore Accra with Freelance Nana and discover what Ghana’s beating heart is got to offer.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- Entrance fees to all mentioned tourist sites
- Entry/Admission - Osu Castle
- Entry/Admission - Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park
- Entry/Admission - Makola Market
- Entry/Admission - Kane Kwei Carpentry Workshop
- Entry/Admission - Labadi Pleasure Beach
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Osu Castle, Accra Ghana
Osu Castle, also known as Fort Christiansborg, is a 17th-century castle located on the shores of the vibrant township of Osu, in Ghana’s capital Accra, on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean‘s Gulf of Guinea. The first substantial fort was built by the Danes and has changed hands between Denmark, Norway, Portugal, the Akwamu, Britain, and finally post-Independence Ghana, and was rebuilt numerous times. Christiansborg Castle is also unique among the castles and forts as for most of the castle’s history, it has been the seat of government in Ghana with some interruptions until the seat of government was moved to the Jubilee House.
The castle which is listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage site and some areas around have since 2014 been undergoing archeological investigations.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park, High St., Accra Ghana
This is the last and final resting place of the first president of the Republic of Ghana. It houses a curious collection of Nkrumah's personal belongings, including the smock he wore while declaring Ghana's independence, as well as copies of personal correspondence and numerous photos of him and various world leaders.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Makola Market, Kojo Thompson Rd, Accra Ghana
Accra’s largest open-air market which overflows with goods, people, scents and sounds, hustle and bustle. It is the best place to absorb the atmosphere of a West African market.
It is quite an amazing place with lots of very narrow alleyways and women walking about with huge bowls and other packages on their heads. Good place to shop for most things but very crowded most times. Get almost everything you need for your home at reasonable rate.
Your guide to show you the more interesting parts of the market and find some cool vantage spots for excellent photo opportunities. Plan to spend the day, there is plenty to see.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Independence Square, Accra Ghana
Black Star Square is a site for Ghana's Independence Day parade, which falls on the 6th of March every year. The Independence Arch in Accra, Ghana, contains monuments to Ghana's independence struggle, including the Independence Arch, Black Star Gate, and the Liberation Day Monument.
The Independence Square is the second largest City Square in the world after the Tiananmen Square in Beijing, China.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kane Kwei Carpentry Workshop, Teshie First Junction by Total Gas Station, Teshie 0000 Ghana
This is one of the original workshops of the famous fantasy coffins that are now collected and exhibited as contemporary art all over the world. Caskets shaped as birds, fish, aeroplanes, shoes, beer bottles, cars and anything else that stretches the imagination are displayed, and sometimes sold as miniatures.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Labadi Pleasure Beach, Accra Ghana
Rest, relaxation and chill before drop off. We will also congratulate ourselves for taking this tour.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Shoprite Accra Mall, Spintex Rd, Accra, Ghana
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at Shoprite Accra Mall, specified hotel or an agreed location within Accra. Be ready 30 minutes before pick up time. Departure time is at 7:00amAirports
- Kotoka Airport, Accra Ghana
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- A good weather needed to run this tour. Should there be any cancellation due to weather conditions, you will be refunded in full or offer the tour on another agreed date.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.