Accra City Tour
Get a full range of experiences in this African capital city on this small group 6-hour tour. Learn about the rich history of Accra, and its colonial past by visiting by ancient forts and castles dotted around the coast. Discover the city's vibrant modern culture shaped by cosmopolitanism and commerce. Be amazed by the bustling city markets and the grand national monuments that symbolize Ghana's unique cultural heritage. Enjoy the narration from your professional guide as you travel throughout the city after pick up from your hotel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - W.E.B. DuBois Center
- Entry/Admission - Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park
- Entry/Admission - James Town Lighthouse
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: W.E.B. DuBois Center, 1 Circular Road, Cantonments just few meters from the US Embassy and close to Ghana International School, Accra Ghana
Visit the W.E.B. Dubois center in Accra, which is the home where
Dr. DuBois spent his last years.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park, High St., Accra Ghana
Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum, also know as the Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park(KNMP) is the last resting place of the first President of Ghana, Osagyefo Dr. Kwame Nkrumah. It is dedicated to him for his outstanding campaign to liberate Ghana(by then Gold Coast) from colonial rule in 6th March,1957.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Black Star Gate, Independence Square, Accra Ghana
In 1957, the Ghanaian politician and revolutionary leader Kwame Nkrumah led the Gold Coast, now Ghana, to its independence from Britain. Nkrumah became the first prime minister and president of Ghana, and to celebrate the nation’s newfound autonomy, he commissioned the construction of a huge public square.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: James Town Lighthouse, Cleland Road, Accra Ghana
Explore Ghana’s oldest suburb set on the coast of downtown Accra which boasts a fascinating history and vibrant local community.From its tragic slaving past to its colorful present, immerse yourself in local culture. Listen to the fishermen sing songs as they mend their nest and watch women smoking fish between haunting historical buildings. There is a unique depth and intense history in this unforgettable
part of the city!
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Central Hotels in Accra
Departure Time :9am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.