This beautiful beast is the volcano that started it all for OX back in 2004. We climb this volcano more than all our competition combined, rain or shine. Our professional guide team and organized procedures work hard to manage the unpredictable chaos of mother nature. It is all about the details. We want each and every client to have an enjoyable time no matter where the adventure takes us.
per adult from
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Bilingual professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle to and from Antigua
- Lunch, dinner and breakfast on the volcano
- Free rental of all gear (backpacks, sleeping bags and warm clothes)
- Hot drinks and wine!
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Park Entrance Fee (Q50)
Day 1: Hike to Base Camp
Stop At: OX Outdoor Excursions - Day Tours, 7a Calle Poniente # 17 between 5th and 6th Avenues, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
Start the day with a complementary breakfast and coffee, finish packing and head to the trail head by minibus. From here we hike up the amazing Acatenango Volcano trail to our base camp with spectacular views of Fuego volcano arriving at around 2 PM
Duration: 14 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight camping on Acatenango Volcano
Day 2: Summit Acatenango
Stop At: Acatenango Volcano, Volcan Acatenango Chimaltenango Sacatepequez, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
We get up early to reach the summit of Acatenango by sunrise and hopefully (weather conditions permitting) witness what has to be one of the best views in Central America!
Duration: 1 hour
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :OX Expeditions, 2a Calle Poniente #23, Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.