A walk on the Buddhist side of life: Delhi's Mini Tibet
Passing through the narrow streets, we will see the market here, sights and landmarks that are missing from the regular tourist guides. From visiting local shops and Temples to taking in the best sights near the Yamuna River this tour will make you feel like an insider. You will get the chance to meet local Tibetans, taste locally Food. Enjoy breathtaking views and get to know the real lifestyle & culture of the Colony.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Lunch - veg thukpa (Tibetan noodle soup)
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Soda/Pop - apple juice (with lunch)
- transport includes metro fare & tuk tuk fare
- Entry/Admission - Gurudwara Majnu ka Tilla
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gurudwara Majnu ka Tilla, Magazine road, New Delhi 110054 India
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Majnu ka Tilla, G.T. Road, New Delhi 110002 India
Let me take you on the 2 hours long unforgettable journey through the history of Majnu ka Tilla- from its very beginning to the point where this small but glorious Place Is unknown for foreign tourists.
On this tour, you will See Tibetan way of life, people, some glimpses of its culture.one of the most unexplored hidden gem of Delhi. Very few tourists know about this place, also this place won't disappoint you.
Little explanation of this place in case you don't know :
Majnu-ka-Tilla is a colony in Delhi, India that was established around 1950. literally means the hillock of Majnu.
he 1959 Tibetan uprising took place in March, most residents of Majnu-ka-Tilla left Tibet in 1959-60, when the Dalai Lama too went into exile to Dharamshala. Soon, a small Tibetan refugee camp up across the road, on the Yamuna riverbed. Today, it is home to the second generation of Tibet refugees and is also known as Samyeling, through colloquially as "Little-Tibet" or "Mini-Tibet"
We'll visit the Buddhist temple, a rooftop restaurant where you can see Yamuna river and enjoy your meal, a 236 years old historic gurudwara (Sikh temple).
This is the best place to try out Tibetan food and its traditional outfit. spend your 2 hours(time can be extended) observing Tibetan culture try Tibetan food and get some traditional Tibetan outfits for you and your loved once.
meeting time is flexible
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Inner Circle, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.