A trip into the world of tastes of Appennines between Bologna and Florence
The perfect tour to get deep into the several features of our mountain Appennines: history and art, natural beauties and moreover food, plenty of tastes and combinations, able to bring onto the table the climate, the nature, and the knowhow of this land.
More in details, it is a tasting tour to discover real authotenic flavors of Bologna's mountain area: you will see up close how Parmigiano Reggiano is made: the processing and maturing of this fine cheese, in a traditional mountain dairy.
You will take part in a basic cooking class, and will have lunch with the excellences of the territory included those produced by yourselves :)
at the same time, you will get acquaintance with the raw materials of this mountain territory.
Inside a 17th century you will observe the milling of several different kinds grains, you will smell the old scents of this preindustrial baking system, and you will taste these fresh delicacies.
Finally we will not miss the beauties of this land....
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Enjoying a traditional full lunch and a COOKING CLASS by a local Trattoria (home made past: tortellini, tagliatelle, tortelloni, white and black truffles, wood mushrooms, local meat and cheeses)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Tastings by the Parmiggiano Reggiano dairy and the old Mill "Mulino del Dottore"
- Basic Cooking Class dedicated to homemade pasta by "Ristorante La Rugiada"
- Entry/Admission - Labante Grotte
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Castel d'Aiano, Castel d'Aiano, Province of Bologna, Emilia-Romagna
Experiencing the early morning production of Parmigiano, (in a typical local dairy)
Visiting the old storage room with thousands of cheeses.
Visiting the special storage room of an old cheese, Sua Maestà il Nero, whose recipe goes back to 10th century.
Tasting different kinds of Parmigiano Reggiano, and plenty of other home made salumi, cheeses and other foodies.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Labante Grotte, 40034 Labante, Metropolitan City of Bologna, Italy
Visiting the stunning natural waterfalls and caves, protected as one of the main European Geosite: Grotte di Labante, with a natural environmental guided tour.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Via Palazzo Rossi, 40037 Palazzo Rossi BO, Italy
Visiting (from outside) the gorgeous Renaissance Castle "Palazzo de Rossi"
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Apennine Mountains, Italy
Visit of an old water mill
Taking part in the production of flour inside a 17th century water mill, following the Miller along its daily activities...
Tasting of homemade cakes and biscuits, just baked in the mill's oven, and got from the grinding stones of the mill
Duration: 50 minutes
Departure Point :Stazione Centrale, 40121 Bologna, Metropolitan City of Bologna, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.