A Private Morning Walk Through Kolkata's Markets
An early morning visit to the open air markets of Kolkata gives you an insight into the Bazaar culture of this prominent place, once the headquarters of British colonial power. You and your professional local guide will visit the amazing stalls of the colorful open-air markets. You can interact with merchants and learn about daily life of sellers and buyers during your walk. You'll make stops at Burra Bazaar and College Street, where you'll have the chance to view and purchase textiles, handicrafts, keepsakes, books and a multitude of other items.
• Spice Market
• Fruit market at Machua
• Burra Bazaar
• Boi Para Book Market
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle to be used within city
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within city center
- Local English-speaking guide
- 02 Bottles of Mineral water per person
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Machuabazar, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the city center, meet your professional guide and head towards your Kolkata morning bazaar adventure. Primary stops will be the Spice Market where you will enjoy finding the key ingredients of the Indian cuisine. Continue further to the wholesale fruit market at Machua, loaded with crisp organic fruits.
After this, you will explore Burra Bazaar, meaning “big market” in English. Your guide will share the history of this old market, exhibiting the best in Kolkata.
Continue to College Street for its books and known to be one of Asia's biggest book markets. The market is called Boi Para (Book Market) in the local dialect.
Then on to Kumortuli, where you will find potters. You will witness specialists making many clay idols by hand. Your guide will share the traditional significance of these items made from clay.
Enjoy eating lunch at a local restaurant. (at own expense).
After lunch you will be driven back to your hotel within city center.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata District, West Bengal
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Airport, Kolkata (Calcutta) India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Tour does not operate on Sunday
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.