A Private Guided Walking Tour Through Old Srinagar
Srinagar is the largest city and summer capital of the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. Located at the Jhelum River Srinagar is the northernmost city of India with over 1 million people.
This guided walking tour of Old Town will give you an in-depth insight into the rich history and culture of this city situated beautifully amongst lakes and surrounded by mountains.
• 14th-century Khanqah of Shah-i-Hamadan Mosque
• Indo-Sarascenic architecture of Jamia Masjid Mosque
• Maharaj Gunj Spice Bazaar
• Hari Parbat Fort
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within city
- English Speaking Local Guide
- 02 Bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food or drink unless specified
- Items of a personal nature
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pathar Masjid, 6 Km from Srinagar Opposite The Shah Hamdan Mosque, Srinagar 190012 India
You will be picked up from your central city hotel in the morning with your guide.
Starting along the banks of the city's Jhelum River you'll proceed to your first stop at Khanqah of Shah-I-Hamadan, a fourteenth century mosque.
Continue to Pathar Masjid, another mosque built in 1623 by Noor Jahan known for its nine horizontally-oriented arches. Then continue to the Maharaj Gunj Spice Bazaar. This market offers wood carvings, carpets, pashmina shawls, engraved metal items, and more.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Naqshband Shrine, Srinagar India
Proceed from the bazaar to the octagonal dome of the tomb of Zain-ul-Abidin's mother and on to the mosque of Jamia Masjid. The Indo-Saracenic engineering here is well known for its striking courtyard and 370 wooden pillars cut from the trunk of a single tree.
Take a break for lunch at local restaurant (Under Own Expense).
After lunch continue to the seventeenth century Naqshband Sahab shrine built from layers of brick and wood, and then look at the Madin Sahab shrine, a religious site composed in the Kashmiri style of the fifteenth century.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hari Parbat, Srinagar India
End your walk at the Hari Parbat Fort, offering extraordinary perspectives of the city.
Once your tour is finished, you will be driven back to your hotel within city center.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Srinagar, Srinagar, Srinagar District, Kashmir, Jammu and Kashmir
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Srinagar Airport, Srinagar India
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children’s must be accompanied by adults.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be cove
- Consider wearing comfortable walking shoes
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.