A day with the shepherd milking sheeps and making cheese in the National Park of Abruzzo
Enjoy a memorable day trip from Rome to Abruzzo National Park and beech forests protected by Unesco as world heritage site. You will join the shepherds and take the sheeps to graze, milk them and make cheese. Genuine rich lunch with typical local products wine and drinks is included. In the afternoon you will visit the pictoresque town of Castel del Monte and the castle of Rocca Calascio featured in many movies and tv series such as the American and Ladyhawke. if weather and time permits you will also visit the spectacular caves of Stiffe. A private driver guide in a comfortable air conditioned minivan will pick you up and drop you off at your accommodation in Rome.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/Accommodation pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parco Nazionale d'Abruzzo, Viale Santa Lucia, 67032 Italy
Enjoy a special off-the-beaten paths experience in one of the most beautiful country areas of Italy. You will learn how to milk a sheep, lead a herd to graze and make cheese. You will also visit some breathtaking sites such as castle of Rocca Calascio and Stiffe Caves. A private driver guide on comfortable air conditioned minivan will pick you up at your accommodation in Rome and take you to Abruzzo National Park. Bears, deers, wolves live there in the wilderness hiding in beech forests protected by UNESCO and enlisted as world heritage site. You will meet the shepherd early morning and bring the sheeps to find the freshest grass on the mountains plateaus. You will enjoy three hours of pleasant walking surrounded by spectacular environment and uncontaminated nature. After having taken the sheeps to the ranch and millked them you will make the cheese help by a master casaro.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Rocca Calascio, Via Di Pizzo Falcone, 67020 Calascio Italy
Lunch will then be served including genuine local products, wine and drinks. In the afternoon you will visit the castle of Rocca Calascio, the highest in central Italy. It has been the set of manh movies especially Lady Hawke, The name of the Rose and The American. If time and weather permits you will also explore the Stiffe Caves and the town of Castel del Monte. You will return back to Rome late evening after an unforgettable day.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please leave your hotel name and address and we will pick you up.
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.