A Day On The River!PRIVATE TOURS AVAILABLE!
SOCIAL DISTANCING?PRIVATE TOURS AVAILABLE!This tour begins from our shop at Red Canyon River Trips 1119 12th street Cody wy.After checking in you’ll be leaving the shop at 9:00am to head to your first river of the day “The North Fork”.Here you’ll enjoy some amazing rapids and unmatched scenery.After rafting this section you’ll be stopping for a beautiful picnic lunch by the Buffalo Bill Reservoir.After lunch you’ll drop down into the Red Canyon section of the Shoshone to enjoy a picturesque and rollercoater type section of the river.About half way down this section you’ll be given a chance to stop for snacks,beverages,and bathroom.Then you’ll continue on the next 7miles where a couple of my personal favorite rapids are which are “Little Big Drop” and “Colters Falls”.Youll conclude your trip just a few miles out of town and head back to Cody.On this short drive you’ll get to here fascinating history about the area and maybe some really bad jokes by the guides.
per adult from
What's included :
- Life vest
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- alcholic beverages
- You check into Red Canyon River Trips office located at 1119 12th street Cody Wy 82414 at 8:45 am.This tour departs at 9:00 so please make sure that you have the correct directions.We are located next door the famous Irma Hotel in the center of town.Youll be traveling by van or bus to the put in which is half way up to Yellowstone.On your drive you’ll be seeing what Teddy Roosevelt said was the most scenic 50 miles in the Lower 48.Youll then be hitting the Northfork of the Shoshone.The Northfork is not only picturesque but has some very exciting rapids as well.Youll be taking out for lunch at the Buffalo Bill State Park.Youll be served beverages and a deli style lunch including (sandwiches on homemade bread,fresh fruit,fresh veggies,Potato chips,and a homemade brownie).After lunch you’ll take a very historic road to drop down into the Red canyon for the next part of your adventure.This section is so beautiful and has tons of rockin-n-roll rapids to keep the excitement going.Next you’ll be able to take a short break for snacks,beverages and bathroom break before heading down the final 7 miles of your trip.This section has a couple of my favorite rapids “Little Big Drop” and “Colter Falls”. Then your trip concludes back at Red Canyon at approximately 5:pm.Times may vary depending water levels.
Departure Point :1119 12th St, Cody, WY 82414, USA
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Here in Yellowstone country our water flow is snow melt.The river speed and class of river may vary.Early spring the rivers are going to be going faster while we have our early snow melt.Do this also means that the rapids will be higher and more dangerous.Due to these situations we do take extra precautions to ensure your safety.The rapids on the Day Of Rivers Trip range from class 2s to 5s.Please be prepared to bring extra warm clothes to leave in the vehicle for when you get done rafting.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.