A Burns Walk on the Royal Mile
Robert Burns is known as one of the world's foremost poets, and for a while he lived in Edinburgh. Witness the dynamic story of Burns in the city with A Royal Mile Burns Walk. Experienced tour guide and actor Peter Berry will take you on an entertaining and educational journey in the Royal Mile, which served as the backdrop for Burns’ inspiration.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Join Peter Berry as he highlights Robert Burn's life in the capital city and beyond, while performing many of his greatest works. Lasting around seventy five minutes, this walking tour starts every Thursday at 10am at the Canongate Church, where Peter explores Burns' great respect of, and inspiration from Robert Fergusson. From there it wanders though the headstones of the Canongate Churchyard (with a host of connections and surprises), only then to saunter with Peter up the Royal Mile including many of the old closes, continuing to make connections with Burns and the Edinburgh of the 1780s with its many characters, clubs and societies, up by St Giles Cathedral, and lastly the tour has its poignant finale at 11:30am outside Lady Stair's House, the Writers Museum.
Departure Point :Canongate Kirk (Church) on the Royal Mile
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Tour ends at the Writer's Museum, Lady Stairs House, Lady Stairs Close, Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2PA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.