A balcony on the Vignemale
During this guided hike, you will discover the high valleys of Cauterets on a route largely out of the crowd and off the trail in the company of your guide who will tell you about the mountain; fauna, flora of the Pyrenees, geology of the massif. A guided hike is always different from a hike that you would do alone because the presence of the guide and his wise comments gives new light to the mountain and allows an unexpected discovery. Your guide is a mountain dweller who knows his region well. You will be welcome for this shared moment.
per adult from
What's included :
- Snacks - We offer a snack to all participants
What's excluded :
- Lunch - You must bring your picnic for lunch
- Bottled water - You must bring plenty of water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pont d'Espagne, Cauterets France
The route that we suggest for this hike departs from overcrowded paths to find the silence and tranquility of a hanging valley. If you like the wild mountain where there is a feeling of sweetness and serenity, we will take a well-deserved break in this quiet valley where the isard regularly shows up. This delicious hanging valley will lead us to a breach which offers a magnificent viewpoint over the Vignemale, the surrounding peaks and a large lake. We will end this day by the Gaube valley. This wild route is demanding and requires good resistance to effort and a certain habit of off-trail mountain.
Hike accessible to hikers in good physical shape and to young people from 15 years old. Elevation of 1200 m positive and 6 h 00 of effective walking.
If you are not sure of your choice in terms of difficulties, contact us on 06 43 67 27 44
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Parking of Puntas, 65110 Cauterets, France
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.