8 Days Tanzania's Great Migration Safari
Go in search of the thundering herds of the legendary wildebeest migration on a wildlife safari in Tanzania. Experience the power of the migration up close in the vast savannas of the northern or southern Serengeti, depending on the season. Take in extraordinary vistas of the Great Rift Valley, and descend into the Ngorongoro Crater to spot lions, cheetahs, elephants, and more.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lodge safari according to the itinerary
- Transportation in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Overnight accommodation according to the itinerary
- Meals according to the itinerary
- Mineral water, soft drinks and house wine
- All mentioned activities
- All national park fees
- Flying Doctors insurance (AMREF) during the safari
- Flight Serengeti National Park – Arusha
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Additional flights
- Optional activities
- Drinks not specified above
- Visa fees
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel insurance
- DAY 1: Arrival ARUSHA, TANZANIA
Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport this evening and transfer to our hotel.
Accommodations: Tulia Hotel and Spa. BB
DAY 2: LAKE MANYARA NATIONAL PARK
Drive to Lake Manyara National Park, Set out on our first safari to discover East Africa’s legendary wildlife amid the stunning Rift Valley landscape. Accommodations: Farm of Dreams Lodge
DAY 3: NGORONGORO CRATER
After breakfast, travel to the Ngorongoro crater floor; observe the interactions between predators and prey; spot colorful birdlife, from superb starlings to crowned cranes; and track elephants, rare black rhinos, cheetahs, and more. Accommodations: Farm of Dreams lodge Lodge
DAY 4: OLDUVAI GORGE/SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK
Drive to the Olduvai Gorge, where, on a National Geographic-sponsored expedition in 1960, Louis and Mary Leakey discovered Homo habilis, one of the earliest members of the human genus. Then take a private walk through the area where much of his life’s research has been conducted. Drive to our lodge in the southern Serengeti, looking for lions, giraffes, and leopards along the way. Accommodations: Ndutu Lodge/ or Luxury tented camp
Day 5: Ndutu safari
After breakfast we will head to the Lake Ndutu area, situated in the Ngorongoro conservation area, part of the southern Serengeti eco-system. wildebeest migration can normally be found on the short-grass plains from December to April for resident game. Dinner and same lodge/ tented camp
Day 6 – Ndutu – Serengeti Plains
After breakfast we head towards the central Serengeti Park, which provides a valuable water source to this area and therefore attracts wildlife well representative of most of the Serengeti’s species.
Day 7 – Serengeti Plains
Be one of only a few fortunate people to glide in a Hot Air Balloon (optional US $550pp). The Seronera area is also an ideal starting to point to visit the eastern and southern short-grass plains of the Serengeti National Park. Dinner and overnight in the Seronera area. Accommodation at luxury tented camp
DAY 8: SERENGETI/ARUSHA
After a final early-morning safari, fly back to Arusha. Relax at our hotel before connecting with your flight home. Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch Accommodations: Tulia Hotel and spa.
Departure Point :Arusha
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Hot air Baloon safari cost US $550 pp
- Visit masai village US $ 20 pp
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.