8-Day Guided Safari of Ghana from Accra
This 8-day guided wildlife safari offers you the experience of a lifetime while bringing you up-close with the animals in their natural habitat. You will see elephants that are approachable on foot, troops of monkeys, baboons and hippos from eye level. You'll see and hear amazing sights and sounds during the drive, canoe and hike to national parks and villages, and have a chance to learn about the animals along the way. You'll also enjoy swimming in the waterfalls, and stay at stunning locations while traveling through the varying landscape of the Savannah grasslands.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All fees for activities listed in itinerary
- 2 game drives at Mole National park with armed guard
- 1 foot safari at Mole National PARK with armed guard
- 1 foot safari at Shai Hill Resource Reserve.
- 1 Canoe safaris on Mole River up to Mole park and back
- 1 canoe safari on Black Volta river at Wechiau Hippo Sanctuary
- Traditional Evening with Music and drumming
- Meals- (7 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches and 2 Dinners
- 1 Guide Leader
- Local guides
- Accommodation double occupancy basic to mid range
- Private transportation with professional driver to all sites mentioned in itinerary
- 1 one way domestic flight, Accra – Tamale
- Airport transfers
- Plus dometic flight ( bookable through M&J Travel and Tours
What's excluded :
- Visits to sites not listed
- International Flights
- Travel Insurance
- Optional activities not listed
- Optional excursions not listed
- Items of Personal Nature
- Day 1: Accra
You are met at the Kotoka International airport and transferred to your Accra accommodation.
Day 2: Accra - Tamale
Depart from Accra to the domestic airport at Kotoka International Airport for your domestic flight to Tamale Airport. Upon arrival you will be met and transferred to Mole National Park. You arrive at Mole motel, a stunning location situated on the escarpment overlooking the watering holes with a pleasant pool. The motel offers a great base to explore the park.
Day 3: Tamale
After a restful night, you will wake up in the African jungle for your morning foot safari, accompanied by your guide in the park with the possibility of viewing many different animals. After the morning foot safari you return back to base. You will depart 15kms on a dirt road from Mole Motel to Mognori Eco Village. In the late afternoon accompanied by your guide you will take your last game drive.
Day 4: Wechiau Hippo Sanctuary
You will head to the Wechiau Hippo Sanctuary. Wechiau Hippo Sanctuary is a protected area consisting of a 40 km stretch down the length of the Black Volta River. The Wechiau Sanctuary is home to hippos, bats, chameleons, hedgehogs and many different types of lizards and snakes.
Day 5: Lake Bosumtwe - Boabeng Fiema
You will head to the south of Ghana from Mole to Lake Bosumtwe the largest natural lake in Ghana with deep cultural resonance of the Ashanti’s. During the drive you will see great diversity to the landscapes which will change from savannah to tropical forest. En route you stop at the Boabeng Fiema Monkey sanctuary to see the Mona and Colobus monkeys.
Day 6: Kumasi Market - Adanwomase
Today you will relax and take in the sights and sounds of the beautiful and peaceful serene lake area . It is a free day but you will have optional free excursions to the Kumasi market, the biggest open market in west Africa and to the cultural center or visit Adanwomase kente weaving village and Adinkra cloth printing village.
Day 7: Tafi Atome
You will depart from lake Bosumtwe to the Volta region. Upon arrival you will visit the Tafi Atome monkey Sanctuary at a small village. You take a short hike to Wli Water falls for one hour walk on foot bridges passing through thick and semi deciduous forest. Take a dip in a refreshing shallow pool at end of the walk. In the evening you will be entertained with cultural dance and drumming.
Day 8: Wli - Accra
In the morning you leave Wli village behind to Accra. On the way you stop at the Shai Hills Resource Reserve for a 2 hour walking safari. You will see troops of olive bamboos. You continue to Accra to the Kotoka International Airport for your onward flight.
Departure Point :Accra Kotoka International Airport
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.