7hr Reykjadalur Full day Buggy adventure
The ultimate buggy tour in Iceland that is 7 hours total.
The day will begin you being picked up from your bus stop and driven to the Buggy headquarters. There you will be briefed on safety and how to operate the Buggy. At the base camp they have well equipped bathrooms and hot coffee.
On this venture you will drive through lava fields to Hellisheidi Geothermal Powerplant and ascend to Hengill Mountain Range, on the mountain range you will see hot steams coming from the earth all around you. From there we will venture into the valley "Valley of thousand waters" we will cross through the river endlessly.
The next stop will be close to Reykjadalur Hot Spring. You will enjoy your lunch between mountains and steam coming out everywhere. After a short hike you can reach the bathing area where you can take a relaxing swim in the hot spring.The trail then leads you into Blue Mountains with the historical Vifilsfell mountain.
ATV Maximum Group : 20 persons
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 6-7 full hours out on the buggy trails Sightseeing over Reykjavík with stunning views Hafrafell Mountain summit, Hafravatn Lake Exploring the Blue Mountains and Djúpavatn Lake Krýsuvik Highly Active Geothermal Area Gear: overalls, helmets, balaclavas, gloves Lunch on the road included
- Lunch Is Provided on the tour.
What's excluded :
You start driving your buggy on a lonely trail in the backlands of Reykjavik. Following the trail, you will reach the Hengill mountain range and Hellisheiðarvirkjun, the power plant for Reykjavik. You follow the trail to a place called “Þúsund vatna leiðir” – “The valley of one thousand rivers”. As the name says, a lot of splashing and fun are waiting for you. Your next stop will be close to Reykjadalur Hot Spring. You will enjoy a stunning view over mountains, valleys, and steam coming out everywhere. After a short hike, you reach the bathing area where you can take a relaxing swim in the hot spring. Next will be a lunch break in a cozy little restaurant on the road before you will head to the iconic blue mountains. The trail leads you through dirt tracks and old trails surrounded by huge mountains and inactive volcanoes. The next stop will be at Helgafell in the middle of Skúlatúnshraun.
• Safari Quads, Lambhagavegur 19, Reykjavik 113 Iceland
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up from all hotels in Reykjavik City. You will need to send us your accommodation details inReykjavik City. If your hotel is at a no-pick up zone. You will need to be assigned to a bus stop. You need to be ready at 09:00 & The pick up can take up to 30 min.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children ages 8 and up are only permitted to ride as passengers in the buggy car
- A full valid driver’s licence is required to drive the buggy car
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We at Safari are taking the risk and therefore taken measurements to prevent further spread of COVID-19 very serious. The health of our customers and employees is our utmost priority. Therefore, we have adjusted our procedures to meet the requirements given by the Directorate of Health.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.