7 Days Rwenzori Summit (Margherita Peak) Hike
On this trip to hike the Rwenzori Mountains, you will be able to sight primates like the Blue monkeys, Black and White Monkeys, a variety of bird species not forgetting the Great Blue Turaco, reptiles like the 3 horned Chameleon, the stunning vegetation zones which are tropical rain forests, water falls and Rivers as well making it to the 3rd highest mountain peak in Africa at 5109 meters above sea level.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park entrance fees for 7-8 days
- Bottled water
- Expert Guides and Park Rangers
- All Hiking Gears
What's excluded :
- Insurance, Tips, Visa's and Flight Tickets
- Rain Jackets and High Mountain Pants
The once-in-a-lifetime Rwenzori Summit Trek in the Rwenzori Mounain National Park is a stunning and challenging trek that takes between 7 and 8 days to complete.
During this trek we climb all the major peaks, Portal Peaks, Mt. Gessi, Mt. Emin, Margherita Peak, and Mt. Speke.
Very experienced hikers can complete the trek in 6 to 7 days, however for most others we factor in one day of rest to acclimatize to the altitude and finish the trek in 7 to 8 days.
Below is the Highlight of the Itinerary for this hike.
Day 1: Nyakalengija (1615m) to Nyabitaba Hut (2651m)
Day 2: Nyabitaba Hut (2651m)to Mubuku River (2600m) and John Matte Hut (3380m)
Day 3: John Matte Hut (3380m)to Bujuku Hut (3962m)
Day 4: Bujuku Hut (3977m) to Elena Hut (4541m)
Day 5: Elena Hut (4541m) to Margherita peak– Kitandara hut (4027m)
Day 6: Kitandara (4027m) to Fresh Field Pass (4282m) to Guy Yeoman Hut (3450m)
Day 7: Guy Yeoman Hut (3450m) to Nyabitaba Hut(2651m)
Day 8: Nyabitaba Hut (2651m) to Nyakalengija (1615m)
Departure Point :Trek Rwenzori Tours, Booma, Fort Portal, Uganda
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Entebbe aircargo transporter, 14 Kitaasa Rd, Entebbe, Uganda
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.