7 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Hiking- Rongai Route
The Rongai route begins its ascent of Kilimanjaro from the northeastern side of the mountain, along the border between Tanzania and Kenya. Experienced guides consider the Rongai route to be both easier and more scenic than the Marangu Trail. Summit attempts begin in the pre-dawn hours, with climbers usually reaching Gillman's Point at sunrise. For those who feel strong enough, an approximately three hour round trip hike will take you from Gillman's Point to Uhuru Peak.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2 transfers Nairobi-moshi-Nairobi
- 2 transfers from Moshi to Rongai park gate -return
- First and Last night accommodation at Buffalo hotel/simalr in Moshi -Bed and Breakfast.
- All park entrance fees and government levies
- Porters- a maximum of 2 per client
What's excluded :
- Gloves, Sun glasses, Sleeping bag, Hats , Rain suits, Heavy boots,, Rain Trousers, tents
- DAY 1: Boards shuttle bus from Nairobi at 0800 hrs and proceed to Namanga Border for formalities then to Arusha arriving at 1300hrs. Depart for Moshi at 1400hrs arriving at 1530hrs. Dinner and overnight at a hotel in Moshi or (Pick up from Kilimanjaro airport and transfer to hotel in Moshi)
The climb begins at the village of Nale Moru ( 1950 mts) through cultivated land before entering the pine forest. Watch out for Kilimanjaro Colobus monkeys in the tree tops with their white fringed 'capes' and tail. Taking 3 - 4 hours the first camp is on the edge of the moorland zone where the forest begins to thin out at First Cave at 8500ft/2600m. Overnight 1st Cave Camp
The morning walk is a steady ascent up to Second Cave at 11300ft/3450m with superb views of Kibo and the eastern ice fields on the crater rim. Pushing on to reach Third Cave taking 3 to 4 hours at 12800ft/3800m for overnight camp. Overnight 3rd Cave Camp
Continue ascending on the east side of Kibo crossing the saddle between Mawenzi and Kibo taking 4 to 5 hours to reach Kibo Hut at 15000ft/4700m. The remainder of the day is spent resting in preparation for the final ascent which begins around midnight. Overnight Kibo Camp
An early start for the summit on steep heavy scree to arrive at Gilman's Point at 18640ft/5681m in time to see the sun rise. Those who want to reach the highest point in Africa can take the approximately three hour excursion to Uhuru Peak 19340/5896m passing close to the spectacular glaciers and ice cliffs that still occupy most of the summit area. The descent to Kibo is surprisingly fast and after some refreshment, continue the descent to reach the final campsite at Horombo at 12000ft/3700m taking 11 to 15 hours. Overnight Horombo Camp
A steady descent down through the moorland to Mandara Hut and then downward through the lush forest on a good path to the National Park gate at Marangu ( 1830m) taking 5 to 7 hours to be met and transferred to your Hotel for dinner and overnight.
Board shuttle bus to Nairobi or start a Tazania safari.
Departure Point :
Pick up available from Airbnb and private Apartments
AirportsArusha Airport, Arusha TanzaniaKilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.