7 Days Marangu Route
The Marangu Route is named as the “Coca-Cola” route because of the stunning views the route has to provide. The route is the oldest route of Kilimanjaro and the only route that provides sleeping huts in dormitory-style. The Mandara and Kibo Huts provide 60 bunk beds and Horombo Huts enables 120 bunk beds with comfortable mattresses and pillows.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick up and drop off at Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Pre & Post Trek accommodation at Hotel
- Park, camping , rescue & Guides fees
- Sleeping Tents & Mats
- Transportation to & from the mountain gate
- English speaking professional mountain guides, cooks and porters
- 3 meals daily while on the mountain
- Filtered water throughout the trek
- Flying doctors service
- Mineral Drinking
- VAT on tour fees
What's excluded :
- All things of a personal nature
- Alcohol drinks
- Airport Taxes
- Sleeping bags
- Day 1
Pick up from Kilimanjaro airport. Transfer to Moshi Town
Early evening pre-climb briefing about the trek
Dinner and overnight Moshi Town (HB)
After breakfast depart for Kilimanjaro National Park gate at Marangu
Start the first section of the climb through the mountain forest to Mandara Hut at 9000ft/ 2750m. Ascend for about 3 to 4 hours.
Meals and overnight Mandara hut
Leaving the forest after breakfast, you trek along a good path through open grassy moorland to reach Horombo Hut at 12000ft/3700m. 5 to 7 hours trek. Picnic lunch
Dinner and overnight Horombo hut
Continue ascending past the last water point traversing the saddle between Kibo and Mawenzi to Kibo Hut at 15000ft/4700m. Walking takes approximately 5 to 7 hours.
Dinner and overnight Kibo hut
A very early start for the summit on steep and heavy scree up to Gilman’s point at 18640ft / 5681m till you arrive on the crater rim by sunrise. Continue on to Uhuru Peak the highest point in Africa at 19340ft / 5896m. Descend to Horombo Hut for overnight taking 7 to 8 hours ascent and 4 to 7 hours descent.
Meals and overnight Horombo hut
After breakfast descend the mountain to the park Gate (5 to 7 hours)
Met by your driver-guide then transferred to Mountain Inn for dinner and overnight stay.
After breakfast transfer to Kilimanjaro airport for your onward flight.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Kilimanjaro International Airport, Kilimanjaro Airport Rd, Tanzania
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.