7 Days Machame Route
he Machame route also referred to as the Whiskey route, is one of the most popular routes on Kilimanjaro. Despite being a tough climb compared to the Marangu route, the Machame route has one of the highest summit success rates given the topography of the route which allows climbers to “trek high & sleep low” hence making it a more favorable route for acclimatization. This route offers some of the most spectacular scenery while on the mountain. The Machame route starts in the southwest side of the mountain and proceeds steeply north, traversing the Shira plateau and eventually joining the Shira and Lemosho routes at the Shira camp. The Machame route can be done in the minimum of 6 days but a 7-day trek is recommended so climbers are well rested and acclimatized before making the final ascent to the summit.
per adult from
What's included :
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and food utensils
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Park fees and VAT
- Rescue fees
- Porters, Chef & Guides
- Roundtrip park gates transfer
- 2 nights at hotel in town bed and breakfast (Upon Arrival & Departure)
- Comfortable Seats
What's excluded :
- Local and international flights
- Other meals at hotel in Moshi
- Personal gears like sleeping bag and clothes
- Personal interests/needs
Machame route is the closest route from Arusha town of Moshi town. Great scenery, lush and huge rain forest make this route unique. Dinner and overnight at Machame hut campsite 2,835m.
Walking to Shira cave campsite.Two peaks Shira and Kibo seen well. Get a great view of Mount Meru in Arusha as well. Dinner and overnight at Shira cave campsite 3,750m.
The day is chill and passing to alpine desert. After lunch descend to baranco camp. Overnight stay at Baranco campsite 3,900m.
Walking to Karanga camp passing baranco wall. After lunch walk a bit up for the acclimatization 1hr. Dinner and overnight at Karanga campsite 3,950m.
Walking to barafu camp. Walking on the alpine desert, the walk to barafu camp takes about 3hrs. Dinner and overnight at Barafu camp 4,673m.
After arriving at the summit of UHURU PEAK 5,895m. After photos descends to Mweka camp via barafu camp. After breakfast continue walking down 3-4 hours to Mweka camp. Overnight stay at Mweka campsite 3,100m.
Morning after breakfast descends to Mweka Park gate 3-4hrs. Meet van and transfer to House of west Kili Lodge bed and breakfast.
• Mount Kilimanjaro, Kilimanjaro National Park 40000 Tanzania
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup at Kilimanjaro Airport and drive to House of west Kili Lodge 30 minutes.Airports
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.