7 Days 4x4 and Camel Combo Safari in Tunisia Sahara Desert from Douz
The Sahara Desert is an experience everyone must have at least once in a lifetime. It is a journey well worth the effort, you will have fond memories to last you forever. Take a wildlife-spotting drive around the dunes of the Tunisian Sahara Desert Reserve where you can see animals such as gazelles and fennec fox. Imagine yourself on top of a camel, trekking through the Sahara desert. There is nothing around you, and all you can hear are the footsteps of the camel on the soft sand. Enjoy a swim at Lake Houidhat, a source of natural water based in the middle of the Sahara Desert where a swim after a long day trekking in the desert will be an infinite pleasure. The sky is vast and clear in the day and filled with millions of bright stars at night.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 5 nights Bivouac camp accommodation
- 1 Night Luxury Sahara Desert Camping accommodation
- 4WD Private Sahara Desert Tour
- Meals (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from your hotel in Douz
- Camel for you to ride
- Complimentary Assistance During the tour with Satellite Communications
- Complimentary Bottled Water during all the tour
- Scarf and traditional dress
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels in other cities
- Day 1: Departure from Douz
Following an early pick-up from your hotel or accommodation in Douz, meet your driver and let your fascinating journey starts being surrounded by the golden Sahara Desert. At midday, you will have the break for lunch, while the chef will prepare a delicious meal, you have the opportunity to take photos of the impressive dunes. After lunch, your journey continues to the desert camp for an overnight stay, spending the night under the starry Saharan sky, drumming around the fire following an impressive Berber dinner.
Day 2: In the early morning enjoy the charming sunrise and have a Berber breakfast, then meet your Bedouin cameleers and begin your camel trek to see some rather beautiful panoramic views. At midday you will enjoy a delicious traditional Bedouin lunch, the style of food is unique. After the lunch break, your camel trek continues. At sunset, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the amazing sunset on top of golden dunes. Finishing a fine day, with a marvelous dinner nearby campfire, under the millions of stars.
Day 3: Waking up to the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and tasty breakfast, enjoying an amazing sunrise. Riding the camel, discovering the incredible sides of the beautiful desert. At midday, you will have a traditional healthy lunch along the famous flatbread prepared on the open fire, then continue to ride the camel in the remarkable dunes and fantastic landscape. You will arrive at Lac Erreched (Houidhat) the real source of water in the middle of the Sahara desert. After a long day enjoy swimming while the sun goes down.
Day 4: A good morning starts with an amazing view of the enormous and charming Sahara desert dunes. Have a tasty breakfast and let your journey continue. Riding the camel in the Sahara desert and getting memories which never can be replaceable. Our Bedouin cameleer will prepare a delicious lunch meal for you while you have a rest. Continue until sunset riding the camel, and have a lovely evening around the campfire.
Day 5: Have a tasty breakfast and let your fascinating journey continue. At midday you will enjoy a delicious traditional Bedouin lunch. After the lunch break enjoy the camel trek through the charming dunes . Have a tasty dinner around the campfire with millions stars above you.
Day 6: Have a berber breakfast and enjoy every moment spent in such a magic place. Lunch break will give you the opportunity to rest and get some beautiful pictures. After sunset have a marvelous dinner with the famous flatbread prepared on open fire.
Day 7: Enjoy the last day in sahara with a fascinating sunrise and a savory breakfast. You will riding the camel until the luxury Saharansky camping in Timbaine and have your lunch break. Next hop in our comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle and have fun returning back to Douz.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel or location in Douz.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.