7-Day Yangshuo Bike Adventure Including Longji Rice Terraces Hike and Li River Cruise
Get ready for an adventure-filled week as you explore the rural countryside of Guangxi by bike! Your guided bike tour will take you off the beaten track from Longji to Yangshuo, by way of Guilin and Xingping. Admire the region’s beautiful scenery, including the Li River and the Dragon River Valley. You will be introduced to the lifestyles of Yao and Zhuang minorities at the Longji Rice Terraces, as well as the daily lives of local farmers and fishermen in the villages of Ping’an, Dazhai and Xingping. Put your endurance to the test on this exciting Chinese adventure!
per adult from
What's included :
- 6-night accommodation in 3-star standard hotels and guesthouses
- Two ground transfers: Guilin airport/rail stations to Longji, and Yangshuo to Guilin airport/rail stations
- Transport of luggage and bikes
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Water and snacks during cycling
- 5-day bike rental: mountain bikes (your choice of four sizes) with rack, pannier bag and helmet
- English-speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Meals not listed in itinerary
- Optional activities in Yangshuo
- This seven-day tour from Guilin is one of the best ways to get acquainted with Yangshuo’s fantastic landscape and interesting culture. Spend four days on a bike, following your expert guide through canyons, rivers and valleys that display the best of the region. One day will be spent hiking up the Longji Rice Terraces, where you will discover the lifestyles of the different minority tribes. You will also enjoy a picturesque two-hour cruise on the Li River on board a bamboo raft. And you can spend the last day of your trip partaking in the various optional activities offered in Yangshuo (own expense) like rock climbing, cave exploration and more!
Your expert guide will lead you on trails that combine hills, flat ground and off-road dirt tracks. Traveling the countryside by bike offers an incredibly rewarding experience for those who are up for it; the difficulty levels range from moderate to strenuous, including some uphill riding, but support vehicles are available if you want to rest your legs for a while. Day-by-day itineraries may change depending on your group’s interests, the guide’s extensive knowledge of the region or other external factors.
Please see the Itinerary below for a more detailed schedule of each day.
Departure Point :Guilin Liangjiang International Airport or Guilin Train StationIf requiring pickup from any other location within the city, please advise under Special Requirements at time of booking
Departure Time :Coincides with your arrival time in Guilin
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point; if requiring drop-off to any other location within Guilin, please advise under Special Requirements at time of booking
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This cycling tour has a physical difficulty of moderate to strenuous; not recommended for participants with back problems or for children aged 12 and under
- Please wear clothing that is comfortable for extensive cycling; open-toed shoes and flip-flops are not recommended
- A support vehicle will always be available should you need to take a rest
- Not all meals are provided so you can have the flexibility to choose some of your own food; your guide will happily recommend places to eat and purchase food. Approximate expenses for a single meal are as follows:
- Local Chinese restaurant: USD $1 to $6
- Foreign-food restaurant: USD $6 to $15
- Beer: USD $1 to $7
- Please provide the following information at time of booking under
- Pickup and drop-off location and time
- Dietary requirements
- Mountain bike size: 15" (38cm) for riders 5'4" and under; 17" (43cm) for riders 5'4" to 5'11"; 19" (48cm) for riders 5'11" to 6'2"; 21" (53cm) for riders 6'2" and over
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.