7-Day Private Tour to Romania and Bulgaria from Bucharest
This tour combines important and beautiful regions of Romania with some interesting and full of history sites of its neighbor Bulgaria. In Romania you have the opportunity to see: the astonishing Transylvania with its castles and fortresses surrounded by myth and legend such as the one of the famous Dracula, medieval cities like Sighisoara, calm and wonderful Brasov, reminders of Communism like the Palace of Parliament in Bucharest and the military unit in Targoviste where the dictator Nicolae Ceausescu was trialed and executed, the great Danube Delta and the seashore of the Black Sea. In Bulgaria you will visit the Palace where the heart of the Romanian Queen Maria Alexandrina Victoria Of Edinburgh rested in a glass jar, and it's beautiful surroundings, the historic city Veliko Tarnovo and Sofia, the capital city.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 6 nights accommodation
- Fuel surcharge
- 1 Bottle of water/pers/day
- Driver/Tour escort
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned car/minivan
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees/boat ride ticket
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Day 1: In the morning transfer from Bucharest to Targoviste. You will visit the former royal residence at Targoviste where Vlad Tepes ruled and
the military unit in Targoviste where the former dictator Nicolae Ceausescu was judged and executed in 1989.Depart from Targoviste for the drive to the regions of Prahova Valley and Brasov. You will get to visit Peles Castle a former royal residence and an architectural jewel. Overnight in Brasov
Day 2: After breakfast, depart for a day of sightseeing. Today you will go further into Transylvania and visit the beautiful medieval citadels from Viscri and the astonishing Sighisoara Citadel. Sighisoara is one of the few citadels that are still inhabited. The main attractions in the city are the Main Gate, The Clock Tower , the Medieval Weapons Museum and the Torture Chamber,the Church of the Dominican Monastery,the Shoemakers, Tailors and Tinmakers Guild towers. In the evening you will return to Brasov for overnight
Day 3:There are over 50 castles, fortresses and fortified churches in this ancient region. The tour will take you to two of the most beautiful of all, Bran Castle – better known as Dracula’s Castle, with its remarkable architecture and Gothic elements and Rasnov Fortess. This day ends in Bucharest with a panoramic tour of the city
Day 4:Today we visit the Palace of the Parliament. The Palace is the world's largest, most expensive and heaviest civilian building with an administrative function.After the visit we head towards the great Danube Delta. It is a wildlife enthusiast’s paradise. When we arrive you will embark on a journey by boat along one of Danube’s canals. Overnight in the Danube Delta
Day 5:In the morning we travel towards Constanta for a short panoramic tour and a visit to the Navy Museum. After that we continue our tour towards Bulgaria’s town Balchik. The greatest landmark of Balchik – the Palace – has remained from the period of the Romanian occupation and it is the former summer residence of the Romanian Queen Maria Alexandrina Victoria Of Edinburgh. In a glass jar in a chapel rested her heart as her last wish before she died. Overnight in Bulgaria, at the seashore
Day 6:Today we visit Veliko Tarnovo, often referred to as the "City of the Tsars". Here you will see: the historic hill Tsarevets, the Samovodskata Charshiya, numerous medieval and Bulgarian Renaissance churches, the ancient Roman fortress of Nicopolis ad Istrum.
Overnight in Sofia the capital of Bulgaria.
Day 7:Sofia preserves many valuable monuments to its long and storied past like remnants of The Eastern Gate from the days when Sofia was Serdika and Sredets, dating from the 2nd-4th centuries CE,The Saint Sofia Basilica and many more At noon we take the road back to Bucharest.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your centrally located Bucharest accommodationAddress: .Dates: WednesdayReturn point: Returns to original departure point or hotel drop off at approx. 8-9pm
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 17 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.