7. Ascension of VOLCAN Grand Pico to FOGO
This excursion is ideal for adventurers who love the mountains. Many people travel to Cape Verde and come to the island of Fogo especially to climb the majestic volcano "Pico de Fogo". This climb allows you to reach ... the highest point of Cape Verde! This magnificent active volcano rises to 2,829 meters above sea level. The difficulty level of this climb is difficult. You have to be in good physical condition. You will be accompanied by an experienced local mountain guide. On the sensation side, the climb can be a challenge for some. But know that a great reward awaits you at the top: total tranquility and a spectacular panoramic view. The descent of the volcano on the volcanic ash is very pleasant and cheerful. This excursion provides enthusiasm and strong emotions. You will love!
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Experienced local mountain guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pico Do Fogo, Cha das Caldeiras, Fogo Cape Verde
This ascent of the Grand Pico volcano, over 1000 meters in elevation, is done in the company of an experienced local mountain guide who has perfect knowledge of the volcano. The excursion lasts on average 5 hours. The ascent lasts 3 to 4 hours and the descent 1 to 2 hours depending on the pace of each. The climb, sometimes sporty, is regularly interspersed with breaks allowing you to breathe and contemplate the landscape. Once at the top, a feeling of extreme satisfaction emerges. And what a pleasure to be at such a high altitude and so close to the crater of the silent, unruffled, yet still active Grand Pico! The descent on the volcanic sand is light and very pleasant. If you stay in São Filipe, we offer the excursion "Departure from São Filipe" including the transfer from São Filipe - Chã das Caldeiras - São Filipe.
We also have the option "Departure from Chã das Caldeiras" if your accommodation is located there.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :1: Pico do Fogo, Cape Verde
2: Sao Filipe, Cape Verde
Traveler pickup is offered
The climb usually starts at 7:00 am.Please reconfirm with our agency Qualitur the time we need to pick you up at your hotel.Ports
- Port de São Filipe, Vale de Cavaleiros
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.