6 Hour Algonquin Park Canoe Trip
This group adventure is the perfect way to sample canoe tripping, without camping overnight. There is challenging paddling (8-16km), tranquil drifting, portaging (600m), hiking (1.5km), cliff jumping (if you want), swimming, a scenic lookout, historic landmarks, wild edibles (in season), spectacular landscapes and wildlife observation (usually birds, butterflies, turtles & small mammals; periodic moose & larger mammals).
Our canoes are all custom made 4 seaters, convenient for families and making new friends. These. lightweight kevlar boats are easy to carry (solo or tandem) over the short portage.
Lunch is a fabulous sandwich from Henrietta's Pine Bakery. We also serve a granola bar snack. Participants must bring at least 2 litres of water per person.
Our naturalist guides have only the highest levels of training and certification. They ensure a safe, educational and intimate connection to Algonquin Park. And, they take the photos we give you for free.
Age 6+ is ok. No smoking.
per adult from
What's included :
- Naturalist guide (canoe instruction, safety & nature interpretation)
- Canoe (shared 4 seaters), Paddle and life jacket
- Lunch (sandwich from Henrietta's Pine Bakery, granola bar)
- Short hike to scenic lookout
- Cliff jumping (if you like) & swimming
- Wild edible samples (in season)
- Wildlife observation (usually birds, turtles & squirrels; periodic moose & other mammals)
- High quality tour photos
What's excluded :
- Algonquin Park vehicle permit
- Optional tip
- Entry/Admission - Algonquin Provincial Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tom Thomson Memorial, Canoe Lake, Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario Canada
We paddle by this location. The totem memorial can be seen from a distance.
Stop At: Canoe Lake Access Point, Highway 60 At Km 14.1, Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario Canada
We explore the natural and human history of Canoe Lake. We paddle into secluded tranquil corners to connect with nature, see awesome reflections and look for wildlife.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Algonquin Provincial Park, Haliburton, Ontario K0J 2M0 Canada
Two lakes, 8-16km of paddling, 600m portaging, 1.5km hiking to scenic lookout, learning the park history, eating wild edibles and local country bakery treats, swimming, cliff jumping, spectacular views and possible wildlife encounters - most of what Algonquin Park has to offer in one 6 hour guided adventure.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Canoe Lake Access Point Office, Highway 60 at km 14.1 north, Unorganized South Nipissing District, ON K0J 2M0, Canada
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.