6 Days Machame Route
Consider the best route compares to other routes on Kilimanjaro. It is longer, amazing scenery with great lush rain forest, great view of Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru in Arusha, which makes this trail unique. The great weather, high percentage of reaching the summit, is another point which makes this route more popular. You can go for 6-7 days. 7 days recommend more as you get time to acclimatize. 6 days also okay if you don't have enough time. The Closest gate from Arusha or Moshi town. Starts at Machame gate and descends on Mweka gate
per adult from
What's included :
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and food utensils
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Park fees and VAT
- Rescue fees
- Porters, Chef & Guides
- Roundtrip park gates transfer
- 2 nights at hotel in town bed and breakfast (Upon Arrival & Departure)
What's excluded :
- Local and international flights
- Other meals at hotel in Moshi
- Personal gears like sleeping bag and clothes
- Personal interests/needs
Drive to Machame Park gate. Machame route is closest route from Arusha town or Moshi town. This is the best camping route among others. Great scenery, lush and huge rain forest makes this route unique.
Walking to Shira cave campsite. The day is clear, walking on the heather and moorland zone.Two peaks Shira and Kibo seen well. Get great view of Mount Meru in Arusha as well.
The day is chill and passing to alpine desert. Get picnic lunch at Lava tower 4,600m. After lunch descend to baranco camp.
Walk to Barafu camp. Soon after start the hike, enjoy climbing the baranco wall.After this wall, continue walking to Karanga Camp where you will get a picnic lunch. After lunch continue ascending to Barafu camp.
Walking for summit. Arriving at the summit of UHURU PEAK 5,895m. After photos descends to Mweka camp via barafu camp.After breakfast continue walking down 3-4 hours to Mweka camp.
Morning after breakfast descends to Mweka Park gate 3-4hrs. Meet van and transfer to House of west Kili Lodge 2 hours. Overnight stay at House of west Kili lodge Bed and breakfast.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Arrival, Pickup at Kilimanjaro Airport and drive to House of west Kili Lodge 30 minutes.Airports
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.