6 Day North Sumatra Highlights - Jungles Orangutans Lakes and Volcanoes
6 Day North Sumatra Highlights - Jungles, Orangutans, Lakes and Volcanoes
Bukit Lawang - Lake Toba - Berestagi
Highlights - 3 hour orangutan jungle trek - wildlife spotting - Sipiso Sipiso waterfall - Lake Toba Samosir Island - Batak king's residence - stone chairs - Berestagi volcanoes - Fruit and Flower markets - Buddhist Temple - Gundaling lookout - hot spring baths
per adult from
What's included :
- Accommodation included is Sumatran standard guest houses twin share, with western toilet and either shower or mandi (traditional wash with bucket and scoop, cold water only at all guest houses)
- National Park fees
- Local guide
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- 5 nights accommodation twin share
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Bukit Lawang, Berestagi and Lake Toba – Sumatra Orangutans Lakes Volcanoes
DAY 1. Pick up from Medan accommodation at 9am. 5 hour drive in private car to Samosir Island on Lake Toba. Accommodation at Lake Toba twin share (standard accommodation)
DAY 2. Today visit local Batak king’s residence (Raja Siallagan). Choose what you would like to do for the rest of the day (at your cost) walk around the local village or lake, hire a bicycle, visit museum and markets or just chill out by the lake. Car & driver available for your use. Optional activities include traditional dancing and Tomok markets. Accommodation at Lake Toba twin share (standard accommodation)
DAY 3. In the morning to drive to Berestagi in morning stopping at the magnificent Sipiso Piso waterfall and a traditional Batak house and village on the way (Raja Kerajaan Purba). Visit to the Berestagi fruit and flower markets Gundaling Lookout and hotsprings when you arrive at Berestagi if there is enough time. Accommodation Berestagi Hotel twin share. (standard accommodation).
DAY 4. Optional visit to Buddhist temple in morning. Drive by private car to Bukit Lawang (slow drive, some roads with potholes 7 hours). Bukit Lawang Guesthouse twin share (standard option).
DAY 5. In the morning head off on half day (3 hour) orangutan jungle trek in Gunung Leuser National Park via rubber plantation for wildlife & orangutan spotting. Return via On the Rocks to buy a cool drink and lunch if you like. Come back through the village to have a look at the shops and souvenirs,Bukit Lawang Guesthouse twin share (standard option).
Day 6. Leave today to drive to Medan airport or your Medan Hotel (5 hours drive. Medan hotel at your cost). Visit Grand Mosque and Summer Palace on the way if enough time.
Departure Point :Centrally located Medan Accommodation or Bukit Lawang accommodation at 9am
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :To your Medan accommodation
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.