5-Hour Hiking Tour in The Green to Lion Rock in Hong Kong
Enjoy a half day away from the hustle and bustle of the Hong Kong city, and enjoy being around with the nature at Lion Rock (495 metres high) which is located between Kowloon Tong of Kowloon and Tai Wai of the New Territories. Come and join this most spectacular stretches 5-hour hiking tour, and get yourself to experience the spirit of "Beneath the Lion Rock" (a famous theme song, sung by Roman Tam, is considered to indicate the spirit of the Hong Kong people).
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hiking Tour
- Public transport
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Meet your professional hiking guide at 8:30am in Central, Hong Kong, and hop on the bus to Kam Shan Country Park (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kam_Shan_Country_Park) directly. You will be surrounded by monkeys. Macaques, re-introduced to Hong Kong in the 1910’s, have now become a stable Macaque population living in the area where you start your hike.
Once on the path, your attention is soon with the beauty of the forest trail and the breathtaking vistas. You will be walking through forest for the entire hike but every now and then the view opens up to the urban jungle of the Kowloon Peninsula down below us. At first, you overlook stone-cutters Island, the container harbor and huge volumes of industrial buildings. Later Nathan Road unfolds below, the railway to Hung Hom, and more residential and office districts come into view.
On clear days, you can see the skyline of Hong Kong Island. Half into the hike, the former Kai Tak Airport, now fitted with a cruise terminal, stretches out below us. All this while you are surrounded by lush greens! At the foot of Lion Rock we have the choice of either climbing over it or to bypass it on a more level path. Eventually the trail will lead you to Sha Tin Pass, from which you stroll down, leaving the mountain and forest behind, forward into the busyness of Wong Tai Sin district below.
Departure Point :Central, Hong Kong (see voucher for details)
Departure Time :8:30am
Return Detail :Wong Tai Sin MTR
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Hiking on nature path - difficulty level: medium
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes - Trekking shoes or trainers with good grip essential.
- Clothing - Sun and rainfall can be intense and a hat is recommended. During the winter season (November - March) temperatures can drop with a chilling wind, so a sweater/fleece is advisable. During the wet season (April - September) a plastic raincoat or umbrella is recommended. In warmer months (May - October) it is advisable to carry a spare T-shirt or other garment to change into at the end of the hike
- Skin Protection - Suntan lotion should be used throughout the year.
- Please bring you own water.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.