5-Hour Byron Bay Introductory Scuba Diving Tour
Dive Byron Bay’s Julian Rocks Marine Reserve. Julian Rocks is one of the few dive sites where you can swim with tropical species found on the Great Barrier Reef as well animals from Australia’s deep Southern Ocean. The course includes equipment hire, one swimming pool lesson and one dive at the Julian Rocks Marine Reserve with a qualified scuba instructor. All confined water training is conducted at the dive shop, an instructor training facility, located in the heart of Byron Bay. Here there is a fully equipped classroom and a training pool heated to 25 degrees Celsius. All open water-training dives are boat dives conducted at Julian Rocks Marine Reserve. Here you will swim with tropical species such as turtles and manta rays, as well as many interesting southern ocean animals including friendly blue gropers and wobbegongs. All this only a five-ten minute boat ride from Byron Bay.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of scuba diving equipment (fins, mask, snorkel, wetsuit, BCD, regulators, cylinder, weight belt)
- Qualified scuba instructor
- Lockers for your valuables and bags
- Boat ride
- Bottled water on board the vessel
What's excluded :
- Parking fee for public parking in Byron Bay
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Join us for an introductory dive tour at Julian Rocks Marine Reserve within the Cape Byron Marine Park. Meet us at our purpose built dive centre in the heart of Byron Bay, where you will meet your friendly, knowledgeable and experienced instructor who will guide you through how to complete the pre-tour paperwork. You will then watch a short instruction video and complete a safety quiz, following this is a pool session in our onsite training pool. Here you will learn the necessary skills and basic concepts of diving for you to be comfortable on your first ocean dive.
Once comfortable in our heated onsite pool, you will depart to Julian Rocks where you will dive under direct supervision of your instructor up to 12m depth. It is only a short 5-10 minute boat ride to Julian Rocks, keep an eye out for dolphins and whales (when in season). During the dive your instructor will point out all the fantastic marine life such as turtles, wobbegong sharks, rays and many different species of fish. After your dive we will bring you back to the dive centre, where there are hot showers. Storage lockers are available for your valuables and bags for the duration of the tour.
• Byron Bay Dive Centre, 9 Marvell St, Byron Bay, New South Wales 2481 Australia
Departure Point :9 Marvell St, Byron Bay NSW 2481, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with serious medical conditions.
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to scuba diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions may prevent you from scuba diving, please consult your doctor
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date and time or full refund
- Please note that we require a minimum of 2 people to be booked at each time for the Introductory Dive to run. We can run an Introductory dive for 1 person at an extra charge of AU$65.00
- Flying after diving: If only one dive is undertaken then a minimum of 12 hours is recommended before flying. If more than one dive is conducted in the day, or multiple days of diving are undertaken then an interval of 24 hours is recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A dive medical is not compulsory if you have no medical issues; however if you are 45 years of age and over or have or had any of the following conditions: Asthma, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Heart problems, Lung problems, Ear problems, High or Low blood pressure, COVID-19, current cold/cough/flu/chest infection, then you will need to provide a recreational dive medical on arrival.
- All participants must be able to swim and be comfortable in the water.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date and time or full refund.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.