5 Days Marangu Route
The Marangu Route is known as the "Coca Cola" or "tourist" route. It is the easiest and shortest route to the summit. This is also the only route offers accommodation in huts at every point you spend your night with solar lights and comfortable beds. Bathrooms and running water are available at the two lower huts. The route starts from the park headquarters in the village of Marangu and heads straight westwards towards Kibo. The trail goes through lush rainforest, heath and moorland to alpine desert and ultimately the arctic zone at the peak and same route down.
per adult from
What's included :
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and food utensils
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Park fees and VAT
- Rescue fees
- Porters,Chef & Guides
- Roundtrip park gates transfer
- 2 nights at hotel in town bed and breakfast (Upon Arrival & Departure)
What's excluded :
- Local and international flights
- Other meals at hotel in Moshi
- Personal gears like sleeping bag and clothes
- Personal interests/needs
Walking under the shades of heavy rain forest. Get picnic lunch at half way. After lunch continue walking to Mandara hut. The walk takes about 4hrs. Dinner and overnight at Mandara hut 2,720m.
Walk to Horombo hut.Get perfect view of Kibo and Mawenzi peaks. The trail is gradual and gets great view of forest and villages. The walk to horombo takes about 5-6 hours. Stay at horombo hut 3,720m over night.
The day is a bit chill walking on alpine desert through saddle area. The walk today to kibo hut takes about 4-5hrs.
Start walking for summit. Walking with only guides. Porters and Chef will wait you at the Kibo hut. Walking slowly up to Gilmans point 5,685m for about 5-6hrs. Descend to horombo hut via Kibo hut. The walk to Kibo hut takes about 3hrs.
Walk down to Marangu Park gate 5-6hrs. After Lunch say goodbye with other porters not going to Moshi.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.