5-Day Serengeti and Africa's Big Five Safari
For this adventure opportunity we put you in charge of a tour design. Tanzania offers many opportunities for tour packages with many different starting points. We offer you a world-class safari in the Serengeti and her sister parks, Tarangire and Ngorongoro Crater where you can witness one of earth's greatest migration events as well as meeting Africa's 'Big Five', lion, leopard, rhinoceros (both south-central black and southern white species), elephant, and Cape buffalo.
Tarangire boasts one of Africa's largest elephant populations and hosts the wildebeest population before their migration North. Both the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater are World Heritage Sites offering pristine wild game environments. Mkomazi National Park houses Tanzania's only rhino sanctuary where you can see the big beast close-up. Prices are negotiable according to accommodation levels. We offer travel from budget to luxury.
per adult from
5 to 6 days
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Ngorongoro Crater
- Entry/Admission - Mkomazi National Park
What's excluded :
- All flights including domestic
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tarangire National Park, Tarangire National Park, Arusha Region
Tarangire, not as large as the Serengeti, holds one of Tanzania's largest elephant populations. With the elephant nearing the endangered species category, these family-oriented animals must be seen. Now before they disappear completely they make up a highlight of this park. You will see many other examples of the big 5 of Africa here as you roam the Tarangire plains in your safari vehicle.
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Serengeti National Park, Serengeti National Park
The great migration on the Serengeti is about to start. From July 1st to mid-September the Serengeti sees one of the world's greatest migration events when 1 million plus wildebeest start their journeys South. We will start our journey in Arusha and go straight to the Northern corridor to witness the mass gathering of animals, their predators and their scramble for safety.
The reverse migration occurs from December to May as the animals move North. During these, the African Summer months the Southern Serengeti will be a good place to view the grazing herds. Contact us for the times that suit you.
Duration: 10 hours
Stop At: Ngorongoro Crater, Ngorongoro Conservation Area Tanzania
Like the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater is a World Heritage Site. The crater, or cauldron, is a collapsed volcano from 2.5 million years ago - so not just yesterday! Ngorongoro is 250 sq. km. of wildlife and stunning natural beauty, forming and important stop on the Northern Safari Circuit.
Here you will see hippos, lions, giraffes and rhinos although the rhino is a shy animal due to the incessant poaching. You may also come across the Maasai who act as guardians of the park as they move there cattle through the crater.
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Mkomazi National Park, Usambara Street/Independence Avenue, Tanga Tanzania
Mkomazi Game Reserve is a recently opened sanctuary to protect the endangered Rhino population of Tanzania. The sanctuary has been part-funded and supported by the Leonardo diCaprio Foundation.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from convenient central locations, direct from your hotel or at the airport. Your accommodation will be mid-range to luxury hotels, Inns or lodges, based on sharing. Single room supplements apply.Airports
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
- Arusha Airport, Arusha, Tanzania
Departure Time :6/19/2020 - 11/10/2021
Monday: 07:00 AM - 09:00 PM Tuesday: 07:00 AM - 09:00 PM Wednesday: 07:00 AM - 09:00 PM Thursday: 07:00 AM - 09:00 PM Friday: 07:00 AM - 09:00 PM Saturday: 07:00 AM - 09:00 PM Sunday: 10:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We have been issued with a post Covid-19 safety certificate after a Covid-19 training seminar by government of Tanzania.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.