5 Day Kilimanjaro Climbing Marangu Route Trekking
Marangu route is one of the scenic and easy routes for those tourists climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. Marangu climbing route start from Marangu village at the base of Mount Kilimanjaro. Marangu route is also known as “Coca-cola route” due to its easiest, beautiful scenic and its land escarpment. Those people climbing Mount Kilimanjaro through Marangu route feels comfortable than all other climbers using other Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro routes because Marangu route provide accommodation in huts.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Rescue fee
- Park fees
- All activities(Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation(Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation(Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals(As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water(On all days)
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Climbing gear
- International flights(From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Personal items(Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Day 1 Transfer from Moshi town to Marangu Gate - Mandara hut
On your arrival to Marangu gate which is located at the Marangu village normal formality of registration for climbing Mount Kilimanjaro will take place. You now leave the park office and ascend on a cleared ridge route through the rain forest. This trail follows the edge of a stream through the undergrowth and offers you the option to rejoin the main trail either, after one and half hours hiking, you will reach Mandara hut.
Day 2 Mandara hut - Horombo hut
After breakfast you will starts climbing towards Horombo hut with your picnic lunch. From Mandara hut the trail passes through a short stretch of forest, and then heads around the base of the Maundi Crater where you will leave the forest and enter the moorland.
We recommend you take a short detour up to the rim of the Maundi Crater from here you see the impressive Kibo Crater, and on a clear day you will also be able to see the glaciers of Kibo. In the moorlands you will also encounter some of Kilimanjaro most spectacular and strange plants in the open moorland with giant lobelia and groundsel growing to heights of 3 and 5 metres respectively Later in the afternoon you reach Horombo Hut.
Day 3 Horombo Hut - Kibo Hut
The climb is becoming more difficult as the oxygen at these altitudes begins to thin out considerably. To begin today you can take one of the two trails to the “Saddle”, located between the peaks of Mawenzi and Kibo. Stick to the lower route, which is much easier and has the added benefit of taking you past the last watering point. You should stock up with all the water you will need the next watering point will be at Horombo hut when you return there on your descent the night after next. Once again remember to take it slowly and drink enough water. It will take from 5 to 7 hours to reach Kibo Hut where you will rest and have dinner.
Day 4 Kibo hut - Uhuru Peak - Horombo hut
Today will by far be your toughest day, you will be woken just before midnight and soon head off into the cold night up a rocky path towards to the Hans Meyer Cave at 5150 metres you may take a short rest here before continuing your ascent up to Gillman’s point at 5680 metres. Probably the most demanding section of the entire route as it is very steep and stony go slowly and carefully here. From Gillman’s Point, you will more than likely be walking through snow for the next 2 hours, when you will finally reach the summit of Uhuru Peak at 5895 metres.
Day 5 Horombo hut – Mandara hut - Marangu Gate
After an early and well-deserved breakfast, you continue your descent passing the Mandara hut, down to the Marangu gate this will take the best part of six hours. At Marangu gate you sign your name and details in a register. To make your achievement official, you will receive a summit certificate.
Departure Point :Moshi - Kilimanjaro from your hotel
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Moshi town
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
- This tour starts and ends in Moshi
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.