4 hours Wine and Nature Tour Szentendre
Cellar walk under Szentendre
Viticulture has had centuries of tradition in Szentendre. Before the beginning of the phyloxera epidemic of 1882, the town was famous for its high quality wines both in Hungary and abroad. And famous wines needed expert storing: this is how the ten kilometers long system of cellars (intact to this day) came to be. It speaks volumes of the size and scope of winemaking in the days of yore. Although part of this system got filled in or completely abandoned over the past centurywe are lucky to say that more than enough of it remained for us to discover together. The tour across and below the town will not only treat our eyes and minds, but also out taste buds, as it will be complemented by wine tasting. Wines for this will be supplied by the local Kőhegybor Winery, whose owners made it their mission to wake the once flourishing Szentendrean viticulture from its 130-years long slumber.
per adult from
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wine tasting, winery visit, cellar visit
- Entry/Admission - Szamos Marzipan Exhibition and Workshop
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Szamos Marzipan Exhibition and Workshop, Dumtsa Jeno utca 12., Szentendre Hungary
The poor, fatherless Serbian boy from Szentendre little Mladen Szávics - who inherited his affinity for Eastern sweets through the blood of his Balkan refugee ancestors - was just a confectionery apprentice at the famous shop of József E. Auguszt on Krisztina Boulevard. One day - in the early 1930s - a Danish confectioner joined the shop who demonstrated that with sufficient dexterity, attention and lots and lots of practice, pretty roses could be made from the sugary almond paste, marzipan.
A good few hours, days, months, years and decades have passed and hundreds of thousends of marzipan roses have been sold since then.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Szentendre és Térsége TDM Nonprofit Kft./Tourinform Szentendre, Szentendre, Dumtsa Jenő u. 22, 2000 Hungary
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 10/28/2019 - 10/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.