4 Hours Fascist Architecture Private Walking tour
This unique tour will allow you to explore the obscure district of Esposizione Universale Roma (EUR). Originally chosen in the 1930s as the site for the 1942 World Fair, Mussolini's building project in Esposizione Universale Roma (EUR) included an architectural style that was truly the first of its kind. Rational Architecture was defined by its modern, exaggerated, and authoritarian structures using the same type of stone as the Colosseum.
In this tour you will visit Foro Italico (formerly Foro Mussolini), the massive sports complex inspired by the Roman forums of the Imperial era, it is here that you can find the obelisk for Mussolini, Stadio Dei Marmi. Examine famous buildings and urban spaces such as the Bassorilievo Palazzo Uffici, Palazzo della Civiltà Italiana synonymous with EUR and this period in general, and Via Cristoforo Colombo. Once you return to the city center so you can compare the two drastically different styles of architecture and periods of Rome's vast history.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Palazzo della Civilta Italiana
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Obelisco del Foro Italico, Piazza Lauro de Bosis Viale del Foro Italico, 00135 Rome Italy
First discover the Foro Italico, once known as the Foro Mussolini, a sports complex built by ‘Il Duce’ in hope that Rome would host the 1940 Olympic Games which of course never took place because of the outbreak of the Second World War.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Palazzo della Civilta Italiana, Quadrato della Concordia Eur, 00144 Rome Italy
Then let our guide take you back through history in EUR, Mussolini’s greatest architectural project, now a haunting memory of Italy’s past. See the Palazzo della Civiltà Italiana, sometimes referred to as the ‘Square Colosseum’, before comparing it to the real deal and noticing the similarities between the architecture of Ancient Rome and that of the Fascist era as you once again return to the heart of the Eternal City.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Via Cavour, 224, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.