4-Hour Tour: Pune University Complex Cycling Private Tour
Enjoy a private, guided cycle through Pune University on this 4-hour morning bike tour. Spot birds and butterflies in the University Garden, learn about the colonial-era buildings, and get away from the bustle of the city.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour guide
- One multi-gear cycle per person
- Surcharges and taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - University of Pune
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: University of Pune, University Circle, Pune India
Start the tour after meeting your private guide at the University or at your hotel, depending on the option booked. The guide will have your cycles and helmets and will be ready to discuss the program and the route.
Savitribai Phule Pune University, one of the premier universities in India, is positioned in the northwestern part of Pune city. It was established in February 1949 under the Poona University Act and is known as the 'Oxford of the East'. It has about 307 recognized research institutes and 612 affiliated colleges offering graduate and under-graduate courses. The university attracts many foreign students due to its excellent facilities. Your guide will tell you more about its history and accolades.
The university is identified by its monumental main building and its beautiful architecture. Its tower projects high into the sky and bears the flag of the University. It was once the residence of the governors of Bombay in the days of the British Raj.
Next you'll visit the Center for Performing Arts, which strikes the balance between the rich cultural heritage of India and the contemporary sensibilities of young creative minds. You'll also visit the Inter-University Center for Astronomy and Astrophysics, an autonomous institution set up by grants to promote the growth of active groups in Astronomy and Astrophysics.
The University of Pune has a lush green campus adorned by a large canopy of trees and filled with colonial-era buildings. Cycle around enjoying the nature and architecture before heading to the canteen for a meal (own expense). Return to the main gate of university to turn in your cycles and equipment, where you guide will help you to arrange taxi or tuk-tuk back to wherever you wish to go. Hotel drop-off is also an option.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Savitribai Phule Pune University Main Gate., Pune University Rd, Ganeshkhind, Pune, Maharashtra 411007, India
Traveler pickup is offered
Main Entrance - Savitribai Phule Pune University Address: Ganeshkhind, Pune, Maharashtra 411007
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress modestly and ensure you have adequate drinking water
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.