4-Hour Shanghai Old Town Tour with Cricket Fighting Culture Experience
This family friendly private Shanghai Old Town tour takes you to see a kaleidoscopic sequence: luxuriant old mansions, markets, old city wall, old streets, hidden alleyways, street food as well as to learn about interesting cricket fighting culture. Cricket fighting was nurtured by Tang Dynasty emperors more than 1,000 years ago, and later popularized by commoners. It is now undergoing a revival among a younger generation eager to embrace genuinely Chinese pastimes.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Snacks (street food)
- Public transportation (from hotel to the beginning spot of the tour)
- Hotel pickup
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off
- Choose either 9:00am or 1:00pm based on your booking time and meet up your guide at your hotel or residence in Shanghai city.
Head up to the famous Yu Garden (aka the City God Temple), the center of the old town life, also the archetype of China Town. Afterwards, continue your tour to the Confucian Temple, an oasis of tranquility and a shine of education in the siege of a lively residential quarter. On the road, you will have a chance to try some local snacks.
After 15-min walking filled with earthy elements, you reach the "arena" for cricket fighting in a local pet market. Through watching some games with introduction to Chinese cricket fighting sport and culture. In the end, you will learn how to manage a round of competition for these "little warriors".
After your tour is finished, your guide will give you adequate instructions on how to go back to the hotel or wherever else you desire to go.
Departure Point :Your centrally located hotel in Shanghai
Return Detail :Shanghai local pet market
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.