4-Hour Cape Sounio & Vouliagmeni Lake Private Tour from Athens
This tour combines history and culture with the naturalistic character of the visiting places, which compile into a very romantic, sophisticated green scenery.
Vouliagmeni Lake, in the heart of the Athenian Riviera, is the hidden treasure of Attica’s nature. Situated on an idyllic landscape, this rare geological phenomenon is waiting to be discovered, whilst the columns of the temple of Poseidon stand proudly on a top of a hill overlooking the infinite blue of the Aegean sea.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Tour
- English Speaking Driver(Not authorized to enter into the sites and museums as per the Greek Law)
- Mercedes Luxury Vehicle
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- Baby seat or booster up on request without extra charge (compulsory to be requested in advance)
- Free Wi-Fi
- All vehicles are thoroughly disinfected after each ride.
What's excluded :
- Entrance Fees
- Food & drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Poseidon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Vouliagmeni, Ethniki Odos Athinon Souniou, Vouliagmeni 166 71 Greece
During our afternoon tour we will drive through some of the most scenic suburbs of Athens, following a coastal road. Our first stop will be at the Vouliagmeni Lake, the hidden treasure of the ‘Athenian Riviera’.
In an idyllic location, the lake is part of a rare geological phenomenon, having been revealed after the collapse of the roof of a cave, caused by an earthquake millions of years ago. Lake Vouliagmeni has a steady temperature all around the year, ranging between 18 and 24 Celcius, and its water is brackish, as underground sea water is mixed with the water of a spring. This makes it an ideal location for swimmers who visit the lake to profit from its water, rich in minerals. (Short stop- no time for swimming in this tour- In case you are interested in the lake's services you can tailor your tour by adding extra hours at a respective fee)
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Temple of Poseidon, Cape Sounio, Sounio 195 00 Greece
Cape Sounion is the southernmost point of the region of Attica, an impressive rocky promontory about 90 km (56 miles) to the southeast of Athens. It is most famous for its imposing ancient temple of Poseidon and its breathtaking sunset view, overlooking the Aegean Sea.As we approach the promontory, the columns of the temple of Poseidon are visible from the road, standing proudly on top of a hill and dominating the surroundings. The temple was erected to honor the ancient Greek God of the Sea, Poseidon. On a lower hill, opposite Cape Sounion, you can detect the ruins of a second ancient temple that was built to honor Goddess Athena. Take your time in admiring the infinite blue of the Aegean Sea, as no land catches your eye except for scattered islands in the open sea. Admire the beautiful sunset colors in the sky, from the highest point of the hill.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
For hotels/apartments: The driver will meet you in the lobby of the hotel or outside the apartment.For cruise terminals: The driver will meet you at the arrival's hall inside the cruise terminal, after the passport control and the luggage claim area, holding a label with the name under which the reservation is made.The itinerary’s sequence is subject to change according to the opening-closing hours of the venues and depending on the tourist season.Ports
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Cruise Terminal A Gate 11, Akti Miaouli, Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Pireaus Cruise Ship Terminal "B", Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Cruise Passenger Terminal B (Themistocles), Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Cruise Ship Terminal C, Pireas 185 38, Greece
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/1/2020 - 3/31/2021
4/1/2021 - 10/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 04:00 PM - 08:00 PM
11/1/2021 - 3/31/2022
Monday - Sunday: 05:00 PM - 09:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 04:00 PM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- After each activity the interior of the vehicle and the luggage compartment are being disinfected. Some amenities (magazines, maps, etc) have been removed from our vehicles. Our drivers are wearing mask and gloves and they have been instructed to avoid handshakes.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.