4 Day Selous Ngalawa Safari
Selous Game Reserve is one of the largest reserves in the world with a huge elephant population. It was named after Englishman Sir Frederick Selous, a famous big game hunter and early conservationist, who died here in 1917 fighting against the Germans. Selous safaris have the added bonuses of guided bush walks and boat safaris, as well as 4x4-based game-viewing, providing a more divers experience than safaris in other reserves. Good chances of seeing Wild Dogs here, and birdlife is prolific.
per adult from
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- 3 nights accommodation
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Airport/Departure Tax
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, other than the "value added offers" specified in your guidebook
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- DAY 1
DAR SA LAAM TO SELOUS
Pick up from your hotel or the airport in Dar es Salaam in the morning (depending on your arrival time) and proceed to Selous Game Reserve five hours’ drive away drive. On arrival you will check in at Ngalawa Camp where after a short rest you will be transferred to Rufiji River boat terminal where you will start your boat safari. Boat safari takes 2 to 3 hours then return back to the camp for dinner and overnight.
DAY 2 & 3
EXPLORE SELOUS GAME RESERVE
Early morning after breakfast depart for a full day game viewing / drive around Selous Game Reserve, explore the game in the surrounding areas, from your seat on an open-top vehicle, a comfortable and privileged journey through the wild African bush. You can expect to see any of the major African mammals, including elephant, giraffes, lions, leopard and even the rare African Wild Dog. You will be able to stop somewhere in the park during noon for lunch, then proceed again with your game viewing to sunset, where you will drive back to our camp for dinner and overnight.
SELOUS GAME RESERVE TO DAR SA LAAM
Early morning tea or coffee in bed is a fine start to your last day here, and before traveling take an early walking safaris, the most exciting experience, unique in Tanzania, accompanied by rangers armed for about two hours and drive back to Dar es Salaam. Drop of in the afternoon (can be arranged as needed).
Departure Point :DAR SALAAM
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.