4-5 hours layover tour to Tiananmen Squre and Forbidden City
Beijing is offering 144 hour visa-free entry policy (53 nationalities) ! 24 hour visa-free entry policy for all nationalities ! If you have more than 7 hours layover time in Beijing , Don't just stay in the airport, sitting on the cold chairs,playing video games or watching Game of Thrones. You can walk in the Forbidden City where only the Emperor and his concubines lived in the past. There you can appreciate the Ming and Qing Dynasties' rich culture and prosperity.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle with professional driver
- A private English-speaking tour guide
- Free-bottled water.
- Airport or Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Forbidden City Entrance Tickets
- Warm jackets provided (winter only: November,December,January,February,March)
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Forbidden City-The Palace Museum, No.4 Jingshanqian Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100009 China
You will be picked up at the airport based on your given flight details. Our guide will hold your name sign in airport. Upon meeting on the spot, drive straight from Beijing Airport to the Tiananmen Square (40mins- 1 hour drive). We will then visit Tiananmen Square– one of the largest squares in the world, which can accommodate a million people for public gatherings. From here you will walk directly into the Forbidden City. This used to be the residence for the Emperors (24 emperors in total) in the Ming (1368-1644) & Qing (1644-1911) dynasties and occupies 72 hectares (180 acres). It takes approximately 2 hours to visit. Then, you will be transferred back to the airport.
Tiananmen Square, also known as Tian’an Men Square can be translated to mean the Square of The Gate of Heavenly Peace. It is situated in the centre of Beijing City. It is the original gate of the Imperial Palace (more commonly known as the Forbidden City). Thousands of people come to the Square everyday. It is the largest city square in the world, encompassing 44 hectares (108.7acres). It is 880 metres from north to south and 500 metres from east to west, big enough to hold over half a million people!
Note 1: Counting from your flight (international) lands at Beijing airport to meet us at the exit will take about 2 hours. It includes such procedures as follow:
1. Flight arrival;
2. Inspection & Quarantine (24-144 hour free visa application);
3. Baggage claim (could be ignored by layover passengers);
4. Customs inspection;
5. Leaving the airport & meet us;
Note 2: As Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City are located in the city center, so please bring your passports for security check to that area.
Duration: 3 minutes
Departure Point :Beijing, Beijing
Traveler pickup is offered
1. PEK airport, If you would land in terminal 2: Our Tour guide will hold your name sign at Starbucks coffee shop where is outside baggage claim in terminal 2,If you would land in terminal 3: Our driver will hold your name sign at Maan Coffee coffee shop where is outside baggage claim in terminal 3,2. Your hotel lobby We can make hotel pick up or drop off if you would use a hotel close to airport.Airports
- Capital Airport, Shunyi, Beijing 101300 China
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A current valid passport with the visa to the third country is required on the day of travel
- The confirmed connected(fly in/ out of Beijing) flight tickets or boarding pass
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 1 paying adult
- As Great Wall is on the mountain top, so in order to let you speed up to the wall and see Great Wall as much as possible, we suggest you to use cable car instead of 40mins walk each way through mountain path. Save time & energy.
- This tour is not suitable for people who have cardiopathy & asthma.
- If you are not able to go through customs for any reasons, please take your own responsibility. There is no refund for the same day cancellation
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.