4- Hours Private Guided Tour to Coptic Cairo with Lunch
Navigating Old Cairo without a guide can be hectic. Soak up the atmosphere without the hassle on this door-to-door private tour that focuses on Cairo’s Christian heritage. Visit the 7th-century Hanging Church then tour the crypt where some believe Mary, Joseph, and Jesus rested below the Church of St. Sergius and Bacchus. Finally, explore the Ben Ezra Synagogue before enjoying a local restaurant lunch.
per adult from
3 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees to all sites
- Entry/Admission - Coptic Cairo
- Egyptian Food (koshary, mix of macaroni, rice and lentil with tomato sauce and many other additions)
- Entry/Admission - Coptic Cairo
- Entry/Admission - Hanging Church (El Muallaqa, Sitt Mariam, St Mary)
- Entry/Admission - Ben Ezra Synagogue
- Entry/Admission - Mosque of Amr Ibn El-Aas
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Coptic Cairo, Cairo Egypt
Your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in Cairo or Giza and head directly to visit the Coptic Cairo .
Coptic Cairo is a unique area with Old Cairo that has a concentration of Christian churches and other sites that date from the centuries between the decline of the pharaonic religion and the arrival of Islam when Egypt had a Christian majority. Coptic Cairo is largely built around the fort of Babylon on upon the remains of its walls.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hanging Church (El Muallaqa, Sitt Mariam, St Mary), Shar'a Mari Girgis Street, Cairo 11511 Egypt
then move to visit The most famous site in Coptic Cairo is the Church of the Virgin Mary, better known by its nickname, the Hanging Church. This name comes from the fact that it was built atop the walls of the 4th century BC Roman fortress of Babylon, the remains of which are still visible about Coptic Cairo
Although the effect is significantly diminished today by the fact that the ground level has risen over 30 feet over the centuries due to the accumulation of trash and dust, originally this church towered above its surroundings on the high walls of the fortress.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ben Ezra Synagogue, Coptic Cairo, Cairo 11511 Egypt
Ben Ezra Synagogue is the oldest Jewish temple in Cairo, dating from the 9th century AD. Like almost all of Egypt’s synagogues, it is simply a tourist attraction today following the departure of nearly all of Egypt’s significant Jewish community during the 1950s after the founding of Israel and the Free Officers’ Revolution, but this site still holds great importance in the contemporary history of Judaism.
The 19th-century discovery a huge cache of documents, the synagogue’s treasury, which recorded the history and transactions of Cairo’s Jewish community since the 11th century, provided the most complete account of medieval Jewry anywhere in the world. These documents, however, are now held at Cambridge University in England.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mosque of Amr Ibn El-Aas, Cairo Egypt
Amr Ibn Al-Aas is regarded as one of the most important figures in the history of Egypt because he introduced Islam to Egypt. He founded a new city just north of the Roman fort of Babylon called Fustat. Today, the Mosque of Amr Ibn Al-Aas still marks the site of this city. The structure has been renovated several times and none of the original structure remains today, but it is still the site of the oldest mosque in Egypt and the entire continent of Africa.
Islam arrived in Egypt and the entire continent of Africa in 640 AD with General Amr Ibn Al-Aas of the Rashidun Islamic Caliphate. The religion was only a couple of decades old at the time and expanding quickly with the influence of the Rashidun Caliphate, which had been formed following the death of the Prophet Mohammed in 632 AD. At the time, Coptic Christianity had recently surpassed the religion of Ancient Egypt to become the dominant religion. then you will have a Local Egyptian Lunch then transfer back to your hotel .
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The Tour guide will pick you up from your hotel Lobby in Cairo or Giza .
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Vegetrian food
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.