3 Private Days: Hydra Island, Arcadia Villages plus Mycenae, Nafplio & Epidaurus
Encounter real Greece of culture, people, food, mountains and islands, in this totally PRIVATE 3-day tour for your group only! Corinth canal, Mycenae, Nafplio, Epidaurus, Arcadia mountains and cosmopolitan Hydra island.
From Athens, via Corinth Canal, make your way to the Mythical Peloponnese region to explore first, the off the beaten path Mountain Villages & Monasteries of the beautiful Arcadia sub-region. Your overnight stay is at a charming large apartment with great sea views in a beautiful peninsula town opposite Hydra island.
The following day is devoted to exploring the cosmopolitan unique Hydra island. No cars, bikes or bicycles!
The final day includes Epidaurus & Mycenae Unesco-listed sites, plus Nafplio town, before heading to Athens.
Hotel pickup and drop-off, private transportation, and breakfast are all included. Also -a highlight of the tour- amazing lunch on day 1 & 3.
Highly recommended to add a 4th day to your tour with overnight at the mountains or the coastline.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- This tour is all about what tourists really love about Greece; the hospitality that the people in the most remote corners eagerly offer to the unknown tourist who is not looking for the luxurious offering but for the authentic and spontaneous.
- Private tour for 2-7 people
- Lunch on day 1 and 3 in a convenient non touristy location
- Day 1 & 2 accommodation in large private apartments/studio with village and sea view and breakfast on a self catering basis with all necessary items included
- Non smoking driver/guide and transportation by private brand new vehicles (2017)
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- In car bottled water and information booklet with all the trip details
- Optional: Vegetarian lunch can be arranged in most cases. Please let us know in advance.
What's excluded :
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Entrance fees at (3) sites and museums (roughly €8-12, or €4-6 during the off-season, per person, for each site except the Water Power museum at €3 ... closed on Tuesdays but plenty more to do if you book for a Tuesday)
- Boat to and from Hydra island (€5-7 each-way/person)
- Professional guide to the sites
- Tourist stops to souvenir shops, etc
- Pickup and drop-off in areas outside of Athens (possible additional cost)
- Gratuites (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Υπαίθριο Μουσείο Υδροκίνησης
- Entry/Admission - Point of service / Bank / ATM Ethniki
- Entry/Admission - Spetses Museum
Day 1: Arcadia mountain villages & monasteries
Stop At: Dimitsana square, Dimitsana 220 07, Greece
The most beautiful village in the mountains of Arcadia in central Peloponnese
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Moni Agiou Ioanni Prodromou, Stemnitsa Greece
The amazing cliff hanging monastery
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Υπαίθριο Μουσείο Υδροκίνησης, Κεφαλάρι Αϊ-Γιάννη, Dimitsana 220 07, Greece
We shall be visiting the Water-Power Museum containing a reconstructed watermill, tannery and gunpowder mill showing how the basic pre-industrial techniques used water as the main energy source for the production of various products.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Pantopolion en Stemnitsa, Agias Paraskevis, Stemnitsa 220 07 Greece
This stone built village is our lunch location
Duration: 1 hour
Accommodation included: Overnight opposite Hydra island
Day 2: Hydra Island
Stop At: Point of service / Bank / ATM Ethniki, Idra 180 40, Greece
Visit the cosmopolitan island of Hydra; the hiding place of the rich and famous
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight opposite Hydra
Day 3: Spetses Island
Stop At: Spetses Museum, Chatzigianni, 180 50 Greece
Another great island to spend the day before heading back to Athens
Duration: 6 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any Athens hotel, Airbnb, Piraeus port of Athens airport
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- As this is a private tour, you will have the opportunity to customize your schedule
- Bookings are for 2-8 related only people - Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of one small carry on bag and a maximum of one normal size bag
- OUR PERSONAL view: We implemenet all the protocols of the local authorities such as masks, sanitizing, social distancing, but most of all common logic and flexibility to adjust to each situation. We also do temperature & oxygen checks if needed. Most of all, we are in favor of "adjustive social distancing" and exploring safely in the open that will provide more freedom and safety. We can still be social while maintaining our personal space/distance and following the local rules. Please decide on your holiday with your own criteria considering your health, tolerance to risk but don't go for a holiday that is not going to be worry-free!
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- PROTOCOLS in place while COVID-19 effects the world: All our tours have always been private and social distancing is easy and not new to us. Μaximum number of passengers per car/minivan is revised by the local authorities according to the epidemiological situation but being family or friends is the key to safety. Regular temperature check for staff & visitors is available. Staff required to regularly wash hands. Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas. Individual toiletries and/or hand sanitizer is available to guests & staff and required to use at every stop & departure during each day. We care about health! We expect YOU to be healthy before traveling!
- OUR GUIDES ARE LIKE FAMILY TO US: They care about our safety A LOT! Our tours are PRIVATE and already what you would call safe! We are in the open, exploring with spotless cars, sites with natural “social distancing,” non-touristy hotels & tavernas, local people & communities with “zero” cases!
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Please carry your own masks with you, and be prepared to use them when required or when you feel that will provide you with extra safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.