3-in-1 Arenal Volcano Combo Tour: River Safari Float with La Fortuna Waterfall and Volcano Hike
Start the day with a unique experience at Penas Blancas River and join a safari float! See wildlife in their natural environment during your 2-3 hour float. Afterwards, visit La Fortuna Waterfall, a perfect place to take pictures, swim in the pristine water, and look at the wonderful scene. Enjoy a late lunch and hike before heading back to your hotel.
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off only from Arenal/La Fortuna
- National Park fees
- All activities
- Entry/Admission - La Fortuna
- Entry/Admission - La Fortuna Waterfall
- Entry/Admission - Arenal Volcano
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside Arenal/ La Fortuna
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alajuela Province, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
The day will start with an early pick up, right after breakfast so you can have the right energy for the amazing day that awaits you!
We will drive for about 20 minutes to the beautiful River of Penas Blancas, close from La Fortuna where our journey will begin...
Once at the river, after the guide's talk and the safety life jackets and helmets are on you will seat on a raft that can fit up to 5-6 people and your assigned guide, this will be a peaceful ride flowing down the river, slowly overlooking and experiencing what is like to be in the middle of the rainforest.
Pay attention to the sounds and the fabulous animals that the guide will point out for you to see, among others, there will be monkeys, sloths, iguanas, toucans, birds and much more!
A refreshing snack with tropical juices and fruits will be provided in the middle of the river at a nice clear, it can't get any more natural than this!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: La Fortuna Waterfall, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos 106-4417 Costa Rica
This is an opportunity that you cannot miss, when visiting the Arenal area you must visit La Fortuna Waterfall! This outstanding natural fall is what you need to do so you can say you have experienced the rainforest of Costa Rica!
Once at the park, there are main facilities so you can put on your swimming suit and get started with the 500 steps hike down for about 20 minutes. Take your time, breath in the fresh air and enjoy the views of this amazing canyon, pay attention to the birds near you and lookout for little animals to see!
At the bottom you will presence the magnificent natural waterfall that lies right in front of you... what are you waiting for? Jump in to the water and swim! Go explore the surroundings, take pictures and relax!
When is time to go get ready to hike back up for about 25 minutes, change your clothes and after a short drive the most delicious lunch awaits you!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Rancho Rainforest Explorers, Alajuela Province, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
It's being a fantastic day so far and it is time for a deserving lunch!
La Familia Rodriguez will be waiting for you with a home cooked traditional meal and refreshing beverages served at a nice family ranch right next to the river!
Flavor every dish, I promise this will be the most delicious and typical meal you will have! Get to know the local family, share some nice moments with them and taste an incredible coffee before getting ready to the last part of the day, the volcano hike!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Arenal Volcano National Park 21007 Costa Rica
The Arenal Volcano is the main feature of this unique destination and hike around it is a great experience!
You will start with a hike through the rainforest that was formed around the base of the volcano and will continue to pass through the different areas as you get closer until you reach the old lava trails.
This is not strenuous hike, it will be slow paced so you can see as much wildlife and learn as much about it as possible, but not just that, take some time to overlook the fantastic views that it gives you by being up there, the lake, the forests, the sunset... will be an extraordinary experience!
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup from all hotels in the Arenal and La Fortuna area, if you come from a different destination please let us know, we can arrange that too.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please bring tennis or hiking shoes (watershoes for safari float), a bottle of water, raincoat, comfortable clothes, repellent, swimming suit and camera.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Travellers must bring face masks, however if they do not have it available, we have a kit for each traveller that contains face mask and gloves if necessary. Groups and families of 5 travellers or more go private.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.