3-in-1 Arenal Combo Tour: Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall & Volcano Hike
Designed with an outstanding combination for you to explore the best of the wonders surrounding the volcano. This tour is for those who love hiking and walking through the canopy of the forest.
The first activity consist of a nature guided hike through trails in combination with suspension bridges where will be able to experience what the rainforest is from above and see plenty of wildlife. Following by the hike to the breathtaking waterfall where you can refresh and swim, later the perfect lunch at a local family ranch awaits to gain energy for the last part... the hike around the volcano!
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Arenal/La Fortuna only
- National Park fees
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Arenal Volcano
- Entry/Admission - Arenal Hanging Bridges
- Entry/Admission - La Fortuna Waterfall
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside La Fortuna/Arenal
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arenal Volcano National Park 21007 Costa Rica
This is a unique opportunity where you can hike around an active volcano! Don't worry, it's not throwing lava anymore but it certainly left the lava trails where you will be walking around and be as close from this colossus and everything it represents such as the rainforest, home of animals, culture, amazing views and fascinating history!
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Arenal Hanging Bridges, Arenal Volcano National Park 21007 Costa Rica
At the hanging bridges you will be hiking while combining the fascinating hanging bridges with ground hikes among the rainforest.
A series of hanging bridges are connected at this nice park so you can walk on them and be able to observe what the real rainforest looks like from the heights... Even though you will be hanging up in the treetops you will be able to see much wildlife action and birds and learn of a different way of life from the heights.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Pass By: Lake Arenal, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos Costa Rica
You will pass through the dam that shows the open way of the gorgeous and giant Arenal Lake!
Stop At: La Fortuna Waterfall, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos 106-4417 Costa Rica
To get to the magnificent waters of the waterfall a 20 minute hike down 500 stairs will be required, don't panic! Is not as bad as it sounds... you will be with your guide overlooking at the beauty of the canyon that opens in front of you and you will go slow, at your own pace, trust me, it is worth it!
Once you reach the ground, take some time to feel yourself immerse in nature and all it represents to you, is the perfect way to relax, just let go and think of anything else but the moments you are having.
Jump in to the water, explore, swim and have a great time before getting back up on the same trail... but again, slowly!
At the waterfall you have 2 options:
1. Do the hike as described
2. Stay up at the main facilities, there is a restaurant to have a drink, bathrooms and changing rooms and a nice observatory so you can look down to the waterfall and wait for the group to get back up and take you to taste a fine lunch!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Rain Forest Explorers, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos 21007 Costa Rica
After a nice hike and swim at the waterfall La Familia Rodriguez will be waiting for you with the perfect lunch to recover the energy!
They will serve a really tasteful traditional lunch, cooked with local farm and organic ingredients and giving it the love touch for what will be the best meal you will have while in Costa Rica!
Share sometime at the family ranch and share lunch with them, is a good way to make new friends and learn about our culture.
After a homemade cup of coffee and relaxing by the sounds of the water running from the river is time to continue our day adventure and heads towards the volcano.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: Mistico Arenal Hanging Bridges Park, 2km este de la represa del Lago Arenal, La Fortuna de, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, 21007, Costa Rica
2: La Fortuna Waterfall, 1.5 km south and 3 km west from the Catholic Church, Alajuela Province, La Fortuna de San Carlos, 21007, Costa Rica
3: Rancho Rainforest Explorers, Alajuela Province, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
4: Arenal Volcano, Alajuela Province, San Carlos, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Transportation from all hotels in La Fortuna and Arenal area is included, a few hotels may be located out of the main area and will require an extra fee.Let us know the name of the place you are staying at and will gladly pick you up!Some travelers have rental cars and prefer to meet with us, just tell us where you will be coming from.In interested in the tour from a different destination, other than Arenal, please let us know, we can offer transportation from many places around the country.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Recommended items: Tennis or hiking shoes, a bottle of water, raincoat, comfortable clothes, insect repellent, swimming suit, camera
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with knee problems
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Travellers must bring face masks, however if they do not have it available, we have a kit for each traveller that contains face mask and gloves if necessary. Groups and families of 5 travellers or more go private.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.